Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by tm32561: The Ecstasy, the spa, the room , the smelly Santa, and more

tm32561

The Ecstasy, the spa, the room , the smelly Santa, and more

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We purchased Faster to the Fun and I must say that I feel it was worth it. We were on the ship at 11 am, dropped the carrying on luggage in our already made room and went straight for the WOK. No line there, drink of the day on the Lido and people watched. Let me tell you about ourselves. I am 45 DH is 55 and we are traveling with our daughter 22 and her daughter, my first GD  she is two. Sure we had this fantasy that DGD would love Camp Carnival and we could sit on the Serenity deck sipping cool drinks. But that didn’t happen. DGD is only 2 and she is going through the “I can’t be with strangers” phase. Oh Well. I know some of you are asking, “Why did you bring her?” Because the first week of our vacation was spent at Disney, the second week, on a cruise. It was a near perfect vacation!

This is our 3rd cruise. We stayed on the Empress deck in room E58 ocean view. I had booked this cruise using a Carnival PVP. I really don’t see More a need for a PVP but I had ended up making a few changes to my already paid in full cabin and she was very helpful. The room was spacious, clean and our steward was very attentive. Our bucket was always full of ice. We ordered room service a couple of times because the baby needs milk and we need midnight sandwiches. Room service was quick and yummy. I enjoyed our waiters for the “anytime dining” and the entire staff including the dining and clean up staff in the Lido eatery was so very friendly.

The spa…. Okay. This was my first time ever having a cruise spa treatment. I have had spa treatments on land and apparently I have had some good ones because I was not impressed with the massage, the massage therapist, the room, or the whole experience. I thought it was sub par. I thought is could have been better. I got the 75 minute deep tissue hot stone massage. My daughter got the same thing. This was here first time ever getting a massage and she liked it well enough. I also went back the next day and got the Iontherarpy ( I know I have misspelled that…) but it is the therapy where that put you in a clay muddy mask and give you electric currents that make you lose inches. I did lose 6 inches. Total. I know this is an expensive treatment, but I just had to try it. I checked it off my bucket list. I thought it was a cool experience and I am glad I did it.

We rented a Cabana in Half Moon Cay. I definitely recommend doing this! Well worth the money IMHO. That was the favorite part of the trip to the Bahamas. We did not do any excursions while in Nassau. DH, DGD and I just walked around town and shopped. We purchased a nice bottle of perfume and of course a couple of T-shirts. I also purchased a star fish painted up like Santa Claus. This star fish stinks. Do get me wrong, the paint job is pretty but it smells. Bad. Like they pulled it from the sea, painted it alive. IDK it is still drying out on my patio. It’s been there for 3 weeks…

I liked the Ecstasy and I will advise anyone reading this to take her for a ride! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>