Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by quantumleapfl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by quantumleapfl
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Ecstasy
Member Name: quantumleapfl
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival is going downhill very fast

First of all, let me share with the readers that I am a Carnival Platinum member. I have cruised with Carnival on many different ships -

Second, I am in my 40s, so it is entirely possible that the younger crowd may enjoy it more, but based on the people I talked to I kind of doubt it.

Carnival Ecstasy is certainly a dated ship at this point. I believe it is due to go into dock for renovation before heading to Miami - and it needs it. I believe they must have moved some of the "cleaners" to other ships because of this, because it was largely pretty dirty and dingy.

Food was mediocre at best - after two days it will taste very similar. Sure hope the kitchen was cleaner than the rest of the ship!

The itinerary itself was pretty nice. Being able to stop at a private island for a day was nice.

I doubt anyone from Carnival will read this - but I can tell you over the past three years Carnival has taken a turn for the worse. I wish I could have been platinum on Royal Caribbean at this point. Lesson learned.

Publication Date: 10/14/13