Eurodam Cruise Review by Maddog11Capt

Eurodam
Eurodam
Member Name: Maddog11Capt
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Eurodam and the Pinnacle Grill Fiasco

Backgound, my wife and I have cruised a total of 21 times; 6 times with Holland America. For reference, we normally eat at the Pinnacle Grill at least twice per cruise

I will limit this review to our experience on the Eurodam; more specifically to the Pinnacle Grill and La Cirque.

We had pre-booked La Cirque on September 18th and The Pinnacle Grill on the 19th and 21st.

La Cirque - We arrived early for our 6:00 reservation and were promptly seated by a window; something we requested. Menus were soon presented to us and drink orders were taken. It was at that point that things started to S - L - O - W WAAAAAY down and I mean slow down to the point that we had fininshed our drinks (water) and had waited approx. 15 minutes just for someone to take our dinner order. Evidently, the manager noticed and came to our table where she asked us if "we had requested slow service." We answered that we had not and from then on, the service improved. The actual food is NOT something that I would return for. IMHO it is NOT worth the upcharge.

Our worst experience happened the very next night in The Pinnacle Grill. Again, we arrived prior to our appointment time and were promptly seated by the window (again we requested to be seated there). The menus arrived, drink orders were taken and the bread basket arrived. Our appetizer, dinnner and dessert order was also taken. I should explain that we were seated by 6 PM and that we had finished the appetizer, soup and salad course by 6:45. It was then that the waiting game began. Without exaggeration, at 7:40 I asked the waiter what the status of our entree was. He said that our order would soon be up, that this was an extremely busy night and that he would soon be back with our food. True to his word, he returned promptly at 7:45 with the entree(s). I had ordered the filet, mushrooms, and a baked potato. My wife also had the filet, baked potato and broccoli. One of our two dining companions had a filet and baked potato while the other one had the broiled lobster tail and broccoli. All of our food was luke-warm at best; the filet(s) were slightly above room temperature, the baked potatoes would NOT melt butter or cheese, the mushrooms were room temperature and the lobster had the same problem. Again..... the food for ALL four of us was either slightly above room temperature (luke warm) or room temperature. We told our waiter of the problem and he promptly returned with another plate of hot mushrooms. We again explained that ALL of our food was either luke warm or cold and that we would like to speak to the manager. The manager promptly arrived where we explained the problem of taking an hour and forty five minutes for our entree only to have the food be served cold. She was most apologetic and refunded the charges for our meal(s). Later, I cancelled our reservations for our third visit to the Pinnacle Grill. Again, the manager was most apologetic and wanted to make it up to us. At this point, I was more than frustrated and politely declined her offer.

In summary, I am very frustrated at the service in the Pinnacle Grill and La Cirque. And what is disappointing is that we have enjoyed our previous visits so much and had looked forward to these visits even more.

Publication Date: 10/01/13