Eurodam Cruise Review by travelnnana

Member Name: travelnnana
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
5 New Countries!

Embarkation - We were already on the ship - the Amsterdam cruise terminal is not my favorite- it is a long walk to get anywhere. I find it dismal. It is not the same place as the River cruises depart from.- for more info see my review of the Norwegian Fjords

Cabin - Since this was one cruise for us we were in our same cabin - VB cabin - port side forward #6031 - Being a Princess convert, I am thrilled with HAL's balcony rooms - a sitting area - bathtub - equivalent of mini-suite on Princess. We buy the complete laundry package, since there is no passenger laundry on the ship. I find it very convenient.

Dining - On day one we ate at the Canaletto - alternative Italian restaurant - we chose this dining because - we were able to get a window table at watch the sail-away from Amsterdam (it is not Venice) but I found it interesting. The food is quite good - We also like the Lido on HAL ships - especially at breakfast - the choices are endless - any kind of eggs - Eggs Benedict - the version with Salmon - the British version etc. My favorite is the ready-made crepes with mixed berry sauce! The main dining room is slow but the food was very good - I have a small appetite and find it a lot of food - I always have to ask them to remove the flowers - since I am highly allergic to them. Since I have a small appetite we do not east in the Pinnacle Grill - being allergic to flowers, I don't do the Tamarind - there are flowers in the tea. I love the bread-pudding every day at lunch in the Lido.

Public Rooms - we enjoy the Crow's nest - in the front of the ship on the 11th floor - our port specialist Ian gave commentaries from there when leaving the ports. There is a happy-hour up there every evening at 5:30 or so. On this leg of the cruise, it was very crowded at sail-away time so we mostly sat on our balcony. I often went to the bow on deck 5 top take my photos and heard Ian's commentary from there. We do not visit the Casino. The shops are what they are. All the other public rooms are comfortable and there was always a place to sit. We did not go to any shows - we had already seen one - this leg was very port-intensive - and we were tired at the end of the day.

Passengers I have never seen so many wheel chair passengers. What a great opportunity for them to travel. I believe many were European

DH and I - we are mid-70's and mid-80s - we both have mobility issues - thus our view of matters is from our point of view. We have traveled extensively in Europe - 3 River cruises - 3-Mediterranean cruises (the last one was 37 days) - a month in Italy on land on our own - this cruise is the last time we will cross the Atlantic - we have also been down under. Our stop in Asia was in Istanbul.

Ports of Call - our stops were: Rostock - Helsinki - St. Petersburg - Tallinn - Stockholm - Copenhagen - We disembarked in Amsterdam.

My share site is https://haleurodambalticta2013.shutterfly.com/