Carnival Pride Cruise Review by W1nniethepooh: Carnival Pride Review

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Pride Review

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore

We got to the port about 1 p.m. Boarding the ship went smoothly and quickly. Our luggage arrived at our room about 5 p.m but we were not in any hurry as we were enjoying time with friends on Lido Deck.

We always get the interior cabin. It is 175 square feet and has ample closet space and drawer space for us. The bed is 2 single beds joined together. This works fine for my husband and I. The bathroom is a little tight, but who spends a lot of time in the bathroom, right? Since we don't spend much time in the room, it works well for us to get the least expensive room. The rooms seem to be pretty quiet. Last year we even had the room next to Camp Carnival (the kids recreation room) and we didn't hear a peep. Carnival gets an A from me.

Our first Port of Call was Port Canaveral. I didn't think I would like this Port, having been to Florida many times, I didn't really care about getting off the ship here. But was glad I did. We did the pontoon river boat excursion down More the Banana River and saw manatees and dolphins. I was thrilled to see them in the wild and up close. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the marine life as well as well as plant life along the river.

Next Port of Call - Nassau, Bahamas - Loved it. We went over to Balmoral Island and did the dolphin encounter. Excellent! The encounter lasted about an hour and we got pet, hold and kiss the dolphins. We also got to watch them race and jump and do tricks. Our instructor was very knowledgeable about the dolphins and their habitat. We even learned that the noise they make from the blowhole is the name that their mama gives them at birth.

Last Port of Call - Freeport Bahamas. I definitely did not think I would like this port. I went there last year and hated it. Couldn't wait to get back on the ship. But what a difference a year makes. Loved it this time. The mat place at Port Lucaya was beautiful and I didn't have enough time there. It was beautiful. We did the Glass Bottom Boat tour and had a great time. We saw not only coral but barracudas. Our tour guides had some raw fish and dangle it over the side of the boat to attract sharks. YES, we saw sharks from the boat, (being carefully warned not to all be on one side of the boat, so that we don't become the shark food). :) Loved it Loved it!!! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Oceanview Riviera 1012

Glass Bottom Boat Tour

(5.5)

Our tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable. The tour lasted about an hour and was the highlight of my time in Freeport. We saw coral, fish, barracudas and SHARKS!!!! Loved it and highly recommend it. It only cost about 40.00 and was really worth every penny.
Port Lucaya marketplace was really beautiful. I went there last year and hated it. What a difference a year makes. I loved the marketplace. It was beautiful and I didn't have enough time there.

Dolphin Encounter

(5.5)

Loved it. Our instructor was very knowledgeable about the dolphins. We got to pet, kiss and hold the dolphins. We were not allowed to take pictures. One of their staff took professional pics which we given the option to buy. This made sense since we were in the water the whole time. We got to concentrate on the experience and not concentrate on taking pictures. The encounter lasted about an hour and was the highlight of my time in Nassau.

Pontoon River Cruise

(5)

Didn't think I would like this at first. But LOVED it. Our guide was was a man who looked to be about 90, but was very knowledgeable and told us about the history of Cocoa Beach, about the plant life as well as the marine life. We also saw manatees and dolphins.