Carnival Pride Cruise Review by W1nniethepooh

Member Name: W1nniethepooh
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Pride Review

We got to the port about 1 p.m. Boarding the ship went smoothly and quickly. Our luggage arrived at our room about 5 p.m but we were not in any hurry as we were enjoying time with friends on Lido Deck.

We always get the interior cabin. It is 175 square feet and has ample closet space and drawer space for us. The bed is 2 single beds joined together. This works fine for my husband and I. The bathroom is a little tight, but who spends a lot of time in the bathroom, right? Since we don't spend much time in the room, it works well for us to get the least expensive room. The rooms seem to be pretty quiet. Last year we even had the room next to Camp Carnival (the kids recreation room) and we didn't hear a peep. Carnival gets an A from me.

Our first Port of Call was Port Canaveral. I didn't think I would like this Port, having been to Florida many times, I didn't really care about getting off the ship here. But was glad I did. We did the pontoon river boat excursion down the Banana River and saw manatees and dolphins. I was thrilled to see them in the wild and up close. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the marine life as well as well as plant life along the river.

Next Port of Call - Nassau, Bahamas - Loved it. We went over to Balmoral Island and did the dolphin encounter. Excellent! The encounter lasted about an hour and we got pet, hold and kiss the dolphins. We also got to watch them race and jump and do tricks. Our instructor was very knowledgeable about the dolphins and their habitat. We even learned that the noise they make from the blowhole is the name that their mama gives them at birth.

Last Port of Call - Freeport Bahamas. I definitely did not think I would like this port. I went there last year and hated it. Couldn't wait to get back on the ship. But what a difference a year makes. Loved it this time. The mat place at Port Lucaya was beautiful and I didn't have enough time there. It was beautiful. We did the Glass Bottom Boat tour and had a great time. We saw not only coral but barracudas. Our tour guides had some raw fish and dangle it over the side of the boat to attract sharks. YES, we saw sharks from the boat, (being carefully warned not to all be on one side of the boat, so that we don't become the shark food). :) Loved it Loved it!!!

Publication Date: 09/27/13