Eurodam Cruise Review by Lomapaseo: I Rate against Average, not stars

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Amsterdam

We cruised to the Norwegian Fjords

My experience is that every cruise is a joy, some more or less in a category. I therefore rate against average and do not feel comfortable at guessing at what the stars really mean.

This cruise was above average for crew friendliness and helpfulness. Even the mostly hidden kitchen crew and below deck engineering crew were happy to smile and greet you

The food was average. I would have rated it higher except that it went downhill after the 2nd day only to recover at the end. Hint, used the extra cost dining in the middle of the cruise.

Their $10 extra Italian dining is not worth the visit as it is no better than their dining room.

The embarkation was the most unorganized that I have ever experienced and for that alone I will never take another HAL cruise. On one hand they suggest boarding at 1pm, only to find that their published daily activities in the cabin for the passengers have already started at 10am. More Be prepared to stand in lines during embarkation for well over an hour with no seats. I pity the senior citizens or disabled.

The entertainment on-board was average for all bars but the major shows were so far below average that 60-70% of the seating remained empty each night.

I watched a couple of shows and if this was an American Idol TV competition they wouldn't have made it past the first level.

I tend to rate the ports visitation separately as they apply to all cruise lines. However I will comment on one port that may have been unique to this cruise only.

That port was Haugesund Norway. The cruise line and port itself did what they could to welcome us. Marching band and free bus transportation to shopping streets in town.

However the docking is off the tourist path and there isn't even a HOHO bus to take you around to see any sites. Certainly a wasted stop compared to the other ports of call. Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Navigation

Like others have said before, when you get back home the first thing we did was go shopping for a new mattress to try and duplicate what this ship offers. The problem is that when you return to your stateroom if you sit down on the bed it is so comfortable that you don't want to get up again even to go eat.

above average

Great Place to do on your own. Would love to have had more time.

Read 175 Bergen Reviews

Way above average

Be sure and take the little tram ride out in the country and of course the Flam RR is not to be missed. Hard to fit everything in on a single vuisit

Read 83 Flam Reviews