Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Queen56k

Entertainment 5+
        13-15 5+
        16+ 5+

Great Family cruise

We cruised the Oasis last year along with 26 other family members and friends. Everyone in our group was very pleased with all aspects of the trip. With no exceptions, we found the staff to be friendly and polite and always eager to provide us with what we needed. The boarding and exit process was very organized and extemely quick.

The ship itself is a marvel to behold. There is truly something on the ship for everyone. The kids with my group were between 15 and 20 and they found plenty of things to do, they enjoyed the shows and the clubs and participated in many of the onboard activities.The adults ranged in age from 40 to 78 and again there was something for everyone to do.

The shows were all top notch, professional, and every entertaining. We enjoyed a high diving show that included champion divers, an ice skating show with Olympic and national competitors from around the world. Got to watch the Broadway show Hairspary (having seen the show on Broadway in NYC I was impressed with the quality of the perfromance.) Being able to reserve your seats for shows in the Theater was a nice idea, no standing on the stairs or in the doorways, or having to miss the show altogether because we didn't get there very early (as we did on our recent Carnival cruise). There was an acrobatic show and variety show that were also very well done.

My favority place on the ship was the Solarium - this is for those 17 & above. At the front of the ship on the 15th & 16th levels, these two levels featured nicely cushioned seating, a pool, 2 hot tubs, a bar & a restaurant. Beautifully decorated with palm trees, two story high windows (some of which could be opend to enjoy the ocean breeze while we cruised along) this is where I spent most of our sailing time.

Labidee, Haiti was a wonderful stop - several beaches, bars, buffets set up and activites galore. It was beautiful, & I would have been happy to have stayed at this port for a 2nd day to fully enjoy the amenities. We also enjoyed our excursions at Jamacai and shopping in Cozumel.

I was initially hesitant to take this ship because of the large number of passengers. However I found that we were never crowded, able to disembark and return to the ship without the usual long lines. Everything was set up efficiently and I felt less crowded than on other ships I sailed that were smaller and had fewer passengers.

The food was good at the buffet and in the dining room. Both were nicely laid out. The Windjammer buffet rooms had plenty of seating and wonderful views of the ocean all around. I never ran into long lines and we didn't experience the push & shove crowds that we've found on other ships.

Having alot of the activities t ake place in the main atrium area was a nice idea. The main pools were a bit corwded on occassion, but nothing like I experienced on other ships. Having so many pools helped alleviate some of the crowding. We even were able to find seating around the pools wo much difficulty.

We hope to cruise the Allure next! I would recommend the Oasis whole heartedly to anyone!!

Publication Date: 08/01/13