Carnival Victory Cruise Review by audreybella

Carnival Victory
Member Name: audreybella
Cruise Date: July 2013
Cabin Category: 4A
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

The good and the bad of the Victory

Firstly, it has been many years that I've sailed on a Carnival ship. Its not because I was against it, it was just coincidence that I sailed Norwegian every time in the past few years and I've grown quite fond of the company.

We chose the Carnival Victory because friends of ours were going on it to attend a wedding so we decided to tag along for the trip. All in all, we had a blast. Here is what I thought:

The Good: Entertainment was good. The production shows were really good and the theatre was huge and there wasn't a bad seat in the house. I'll never understand how the dancers and singers can remember all that choreography, it's fascinating! The comedians on the ship were hysterical and extremely friendly. The entertainment staff was friendly and always present. Dj at the pool area was good however as for pool activities, they could have used a few more on the sea day to keep people entertained. No pool games, no contests, nothing. Just half hour of dancing for "Groove for St Jude" and that's it. Kinda boring if you asked me. Great public areas on the ship, especially loved the casino bar and the band that played there nightly, they were great. I really have no complaints about the ship. We had a great time! We got the Cheers package and I truly believe its worth every penny!! The spa was good too, steam room and sauna were great!

The bad: I have never seen such huge lines for a buffet on any cruise I have been on! I guess that is a good thing, as I didn't get a chance to hit the lunch buffets so I didn't gain as much weight as I could have but it was easily a 30 min or more wait to get food at lunch, absolutely ridiculous. The day we got back in from Cozumel, there was a Mexican buffet at 11:30, I thought since it was late there would be less people, much to my surprise, I could not even get near the buffet unless I was planning on eating close to 1am!! I had to get pizza from the 24 hour pizza place at the back of the ship, thankfully! Also getting back on the ship was ridiculous, it took about an hour to get back on the ship in Key West, unreal!!

All in all, a great time was had by us and we are booked on Carnival in December, hopefully the buffet lines aren't as long!

Publication Date: 07/30/13