Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by blast459: Beautiful Bermuda

Beautiful Bermuda

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

We were the first cruise back after the fire and we came away impressed with the food, service, and entertainment. Embarking out of Baltimore was a breeze and we were on the ship within 15 minutes. The rooms were ready by 1pm so we had our Windjammer lunch and just relaxed.

Our cabin was on Deck 2 and we had a good state room attendant who provided ice twice a day after I requested it. A negative here was a diesel smell in our hallway for the whole cruise. It did dissipate somewhat as the cruise progressed and we smelled nothing in the room. The outside cabin is the same as an inside and was fine. It has a small sofa which is nice but no refrigerator. One of our group had a frig in their room since the ship thought they needed it for medicine so I assume they are available on request.

To the dining! Main Dining Room food was superb every night. The service by Oscar and Ravi at Table 611 of My Time dining was flawless. Thanks to them for such hard work. This was our More 6th cruise and I think the Main Dining food was the best we've had. The Windjammer was very good. It was not as crowded as a cruise we took earlier in the year on the Enchantment. Tables were cleared quickly and very little waiting for food. Someone was filling the water, juice, and tea so we didn't have to do that ourselves so it moved things along. They were pretty stingy with the ice though so you had to ask. Out on the pool deck service was not as good as lemonade and ice were frequently out but I can't complain about the lava flow as it was delicious.

The pool was crowded this cruise as they said 500 children were on board but for the most part I wouldn't haven't guessed that since the cruise was pretty quiet. Unfortunately, people were still staking out the Solarium with towels in the morning even though saving seats isn't allowed. Park Caf' in Solarium has some great sandwich selections and a salad bar. It's a nice addition.

The entertainment overall was very good. A magician, Motown Group Spectrum, and a hilarious juggler provided excellent entertainment in the evenings. The comic wasn't given high marks by the folks we went with. The singers and dancers were very good with the highlight being the Broadway show.

Darrel and John who oversaw the entertainment were great. We enjoyed talking to them and they did great especially the late night poolside aerobic dance workout. Super fun!

They were still working on the back part of the ship so we weren't able to walk that portion on Deck 5, which is the area protected from the sun. Consequently Deck 10 was too busy with walkers and runners. Also, for some reason the ship closed the front part of Deck 5 so I hope they reopen that for the walkers.

We had unbelievable smooth seas and a wonderful experience in Bermuda which was hot but beautiful. It's our second trip there and we enjoyed it immensely and recommend Crystal and Fantasy caves if you like caves. Don't just see Crystal. I liked Fantasy better. It's easy to reach on the bus out of St. George.

Most activities were taking place in the Centrum and I think Royal Caribbean needs to work a little harder arranging seating there.

We took the self service checkout and were off the ship by 7:20 am.

Grandeur isn't the best ship in the fleet but it was very nice and overall a great cruise. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>