Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by purpleworld18: Great vacation!

purpleworld18
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Great vacation!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was our first cruise and we had a great time! I was concerned with taking my 15 and 13 year old boys by myself, but we all had a good time. While the boys didn't participate in the teen activities, they just enjoyed the pool, the music, some shows, the ship, and the whole experience since it was their first cruise. They enjoyed having the freedom to roam the ship and go get something to eat or drink whenever they wanted.

The food was great! We ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet and dinner in the Great Gasby Dining Room. My boys enjoyed the dining room thanks to our waiters, Ravinder and Desmond. They were awesome!

Our room was small, but we didn't spend much time in it, so it didn't matter to us. Our stateroom attendant, Carlos, was great!

For our excursions, we went to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida and we snorkeled and shopped in Nassau. The snorkeling was just ok. The water was choppy and there wasn't a large variety of fish to see. I have More snorkeled in Mexico and enjoyed it more there.

One of my only complaints on the ship is the amount of pictures they take of you. Every event is a photo opportunity where they take several pictures at a time and they print all the pictures and then throw away what you don't purchase. What a waste! They need to find a way to allow people to view them electronically. They promote how they are not polluting the water, yet they use all the ink and paper to print photos and then throw them in the trash.

We had a great time on this cruise and would definitely cruise again! Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 4 8033

I liked the location because it was one level below the pool and close to the Centrum, so my kids could easily check to see what was going on there and they could easily access food at all times. The room was small, but we didn't spend much time there, so it was okay for us. There was plenty of space for our clothes, as well.

CocoCay was nice. The water was beautiful and warm. The cookout was nice. My kids wanted to do jet skis, but were too young. So they did the Aqua Park and slide, but they were not impressed, since they had done something similar this summer. It was just a nice beach day!

Read 233 CocoCay Reviews