Celebrity Summit 5

“Wonderful cruise to Bermuda on the Summit!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

KW Cruisers
Member Since 2013
156 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We booked an Aqua Class cabin (9110). It was spacious and had a great balcony. We found it to be very clean and nicely appointed.

This cruise exceeded our expectations. We weren't sure what to expect, but what we found was a very relaxing and wonderful experience. My partner and I (two gay males 37 & 43), found the crew to be friendly and very helpful.

The Blu restaurant is worth the upgrade to Aqua Class within itself. The wait staff was friendly, and attentive. The food was amazing! So much selection and creativity! The portions were not enormous, so we never felt like we were eating too much. It was great to be able to try so many new things. Celebrity is known for it's food, and it definitely did not disappoint.

We only dined in the main dining room once on a formal night. We found it to be nice, but so much more crowded than Blu.

We dined at the Normandie restaurant twice. We really loved it (partly because we are Art Deco fanatics, and it More is all done in Deco). The food was definitely the best in this restaurant. Their attention to detail was outstanding.

We really enjoyed the spa treatments that we booked (only wish they wouldn't try to up sell so much on products). Access to the Persian Garden was wonderful (included for Aqua Class Guests). The Turkish Bath was my personal favourite. Great way to relax.

Overall I found the boat to be in good shape. I didn't notice any glaring problems. It impressed me.

We are already looking forward to our next cruise with Celebrity in Aqua Class on the Reflection in December. Maybe the newer boat will surpass our experience on the Summit! Less

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

9110
Aqua Class cabin (9110). It was spacious and had a great balcony. We found it to be very clean and nicely appointed. Very quiet. Only noise we heard was the other cabins toilet flushing on occasion.

Boarding was quick and well organized.

Disembarkation was quick. The tags from one of our pieces of luggage fell off so we had to search for our luggage. We were passed around between a few personnel before being directed to the correct area. We were scheduled to disembark at 8:50 AM. All told, we were in our car and headed home by 9:30 AM.

Published 07/21/13

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?