Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by gg48

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: gg48
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda

Norwegian Breakaway Needs Vast Improvement

After 35 cruises, I can unequivocally say that this was the worst cruise I have ever encountered. it began with a cabin steward on Deck 10 that even though was told by superiors that he needed to make improvements, could not provide good service. The cabin was dirty ( I cleaned it myself). Towels were an issue. Vacuuming did not occur. The lines for restaurants were long. I believe the incentive is to have you spend money to eat at the Specialty Restaurants. The staff looks overworked, unhappy , and understaffed.
What is the incentive to improve or even provide good service, if gratuities are already added to the bill.

Megan, who was the cruise staff who helped with the Costco Scavenger Hunt had an attitude. Her goal should have been to make it fun for the passengers. She definitely did not! The service seemed to be mediocre at best. When I go on a cruise I expect excellent service. I could not locate a chair on the deck (as they did not invoke the one hour rule as passengers left a towel on a chair and it was empty for the rest of the day)and asked one of the staff if he could please provide a chair that was empty on the deck above, and he told me that he was not allowed to move chairs.REALLY!! This cruise ship needs to take some lessons from Celebrity Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean who provide their passengers with nothing but excellent service and allowing their guests the ultimate service. Pricing for cruises are the same, yet it must be that administration takes the lead and makes sure that the guests are happy.

I believe that NCL Breakaway staff forgot that we were the guests and at times thought they were doing us a favor at providing service!! Cafeteria never changed the food for the entire cruise. No staff to remove dirty dishes. I have never been on a ship that did not have a sommelier for wine, nor did they have staff in the Cafe to provide coffee at breakfast time. It seemed that I was in the middle school cafeteria. Also, no trays to carry food......What is that about?

The scum on the tiles in the Spice H2O area which was pointed out on day 2 and told it would be taken care of NEVER WAS!

Publication Date: 06/21/13