Royal Princess Cruise Review by Chloec: Too Many Glitches to Escape Completely
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on Royal Princess Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises
Too Many Glitches to Escape Completely
I'll make this snappy as all the points have been raised and it's best to just move on really.
1. Boarding at Southampton was atrocious. We understand from people we spoke to aboard that priority customers got through in 5 - 45 minutes. We were 2 whole hours in the terminal before setting foot on the ship and with a 90 year old in tow it felt a very long time indeed. The security operation was strange. I was told to take off my watch and my shoes. Others in my party were told to leave theirs on and thus held up the whole queue considerably by both the baggage alarm and personal alarms going off!!
2. On boarding there was only enough time for a quick cuppa and bite to eat before the extremely long-winded lifeboat drill. Only in English. Will take longer when other languages are added. By then it was time for sail-away. A lot of wasted time when only a 2 day cruise.
3. A celebratiion package we had ordered was not in the cabin on boarding as requested. More Despite many appeals to room service and the front desk it was only when I requested a refund to buy my own components to the package that it was finally dealt with. At 5pm on the second day! Apparantly info had not been downloaded from Head Office. Really? How long had this little cruise been planned for?
4. Our mini bar was never filled. Not even with water despite many requests to our room steward. This meant that on reaching our cabin in the early hours of the morning we had to decide whether to wait up for room service or go to bed thirsty, A request made the following morning for water was fulfilled ..,...at the magic 5pm the following evening!
5. Starerooms are beige. No pictures. Old fashioned. Maybe the idea is to encourage us out of our staterooms but, if we have balconies sometimes we like to stay there!
6. Formal night fiasco. It's been said before so I won't go on.............
7. TV in staterooms are massive! And ours didn't work!
8. Staff very pleasant but seemed confused. I'm sure they'd had time to find where everything was.
In all too many glitches to make this little break truly enjoyable. Ship is beautiful, staff friendly and helpful but I don't think supplies were available to them, Food was wonderful. I'm sure I will travel this ship again but I'm guessing that anyone who hadn't sailed Princess before will certainly not be doing so again.
A disappointing, unimpressive start., Less
Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>
Cabin review: Royal Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Deck Seven D148
Short but wonderful
Fjords NORTHERN LIGHTS AND ADV...
Things I Wish I had Known befo...
Princess Are you listening
Under The Glitter
Not Our Favorite Princess Ship