Oosterdam Cruise Review by dmaikui

Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: SA
See More About: Oosterdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Oosterdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Oosterdam Deck Plans
What Happened to my Holland?

We've traveled on Holland many times, in fact switched from Princess to Holland due to the great service Holland provided and the great food.

Seattle Embarkation was a breeze we were on board by 11:30 and our cabin was ready. We book a suite because we like to use the Neptune Lounge and the other perks we get with a suite. However, this time our suite smelled of stale sweat and the drawers had some dirty kleenex and other debris inside. The cabin steward said he could not spray the room. I informed the gals in the Neptune Suite and next thing I knew the cabin steward was in the room spraying some nice smelling spray, he sprayed for the next few days and smell finally went away. I went to lie on the bed after lunch and found some foul smelling stain on the top sheet! He came back looked at it and changed the sheets right away. The bottom sheet also had a hole in it, remember we are in a suite!

I was a little disappointed in the Lido fare also as it was the same everyday. The dining room menu was good, but a little to fancy with all the sauces and other things they were trying to do to make it a 5 star restaurant, last time the fare was wonderful. The table stewards were very slow and confused. The room service was not up to par either, we only ordered it once. I have to say I am very disappointed in the changes I saw on the ship, and I am usually an easy pleased person. I am thinking of going back to Princess!

The disembarkation was a breeze in Seattle too and the Neptune gals, Ice and Essea, were wonderful and took care of all our needs. By the way, Alaska was wonderful as usual, sunshine and shorts for 5 days till Ketchikan then chilly and rainy. We did not get to go to Tracy Arm due to the wind, went to Endicate Arm instead.

Publication Date: 06/05/13