Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by daredneck: Carnival Liberty Getaway

15 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty Getaway

Sail Date: May 2013

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South - Blue Lagoon very good choice, clean quick and great location. The ride from airport to hotel free. Ride from hotel to port $10 a person. Cuban restraint in Air Park Plaza across the street was fantastic.
As with every cruise we arrive early and this time was no exception. Cruise Critic roll call started early while we waited to embark. We were on the ship about 11:30 without paying for FTF. Needless to say after a few drinks while exploring the ship I forgot what time it was when we made it into the room (7225).
Half Moon Cay this has to be one of the best beaches in the world. Brought some Cheerios off the ship and was able to bring a school of fish into 2 foot of water. Wow very memorable.
Day at sea is always a fun day on Carnival, much to do and not enough time to do it.
St Thomas, well I must admit we had a late night and was feeling the effects of cheers membership. Got off and took a stroll around the port. More Came back early and enjoyed a book and balcony that afternoon.
San Juan, I was there 23 years ago and it has changed a lot. We got off the ship and picked up on a $20 tour of the old and new San Juan. Wife enjoyed it more than I until we were dropped off in front of DonQ Rum factory, now my enthusiasm was growing and after stopping at Senor Frogs on our walk back to ship. All was good!
Grand Turk, another relaxing beach and snorkel day with a happy hour twist at MargaritavillE. This has to be one of the best Margaritaville's I have been to.
Was a good surprise to have the same waiter on Carnival Liberty that we had on Carnival Spirit. Overall rating is high if you looking for relaxation. This was a great cruise, great staff, clean ship and we will do it again. As for the Cheers program, it most defiantly paid for itself but it did encourage me to over indulge a couple of nights when I would have just finished the evening with Perrier Sparkling water or two. It's a Shame that sparkling water was not included in the price of the cheers package. Less

Published 06/05/13