Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by dawnne0428: Liberty was AMAZING

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Liberty was AMAZING

Sail Date: May 2013

We sailed on the Liberty 5/11/13-5/18/13 out of Miami. Checked in at the airport which was very fast, got our sign and sail cards right there. Took a bus to the port, arrived around 10:30 am. We did not have FTTF but we were on the ship before noon. Our room was ready by 1.
We were on the Lido deck, 9288 balcony. Honestly, never heard outside noise and loved being right near the pools, bars and buffets on deck. Our room steward was Ronaldo and he was very hard working and very sweet. I commented one night that he never stops working and he said "I wake up happy every day here. I take time off in June" Always smiling, met every request like we were his only guests.
Guy's burgers were fantastic. I hear people complain about the buffets not being warm or long lines but we never encountered that. We only ate in the dining room twice on the 2 elegant nights and service was fast, polite and food was good. Ate at the steakhouse once, tremendous value for the $35.
LOVED LOVED More LOVED the 2 musicians who played throughout the ship and at HMC, Dillon and Andy.
Ports- Definitely a mistake to go to Half Moon Cay first. That island spoiled every other beach. It was absolutely beautiful. The lunch served wasn't great but it a bad burger in paradise is still ok with me! Next port was St. Thomas. We rented jet skiis from 340 watersports in Bolongo bay. Matt, the owner, was very good to us. He's a transplant from South Carolina and truly a southern gentleman. Worth every penny. When you're done in the water, there's a cute bar and resaraunt there, Iggie's. Food was great and the service was good. Next was San Juan and we never left the ship that day. It was our honeymoon and we enjoyed the pools and deck with very few other people that day. Last stop was Grand Turk. Lovely stop, a must if you're going in the ocean here is water shoes, it's very rocky but beautiful. We left the beach after a few hours and enjoyed some shopping and Margaritaville. Jimmy Buffet's bar was great, tons of lounge chairs and frozen drinks served in the pool.
Our CD was Karl with a K. Honestly, we saw him on the sail away party day 1 and then at debarkation. That was it. Of course we saw some of his morning shows and heard his announcements but never really saw him.
We got the cheers program and we may have been a little optimistic about how much we can put away every day. My husband and I can certainly drink but the value just wasn't there for us with cheers. We called bon voyage and had 2 bottles of captain morgan and some coronas sent to our room prior to sailing. Next time we'll do the same and only get the endless bubbles program.
We met some great people on our cruise and we were home for 3 days when we booked our next Carnival cruise. This time it's on the Victory after it goes through the 2.0 upgrade. Loved HMC and Grand Turk so much we're headed back with the kids! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Lido 9288

Loved it, will always book as close to this location as possible. Quiet even though it was 3 rooms away from Lido deck. We never heard any noise in our room. I strongly suggest bringing a bungee and sleeping with the balcony door open- it was heaven!

Although it was lovely, I thought the beach area was a little small and very rocky with lots of pieces of shells that hurt our feet. Definitely need water shoes here. We did some snorkeling on our own and took some amazing under water pictures. There's a very nice shopping area here too. Margaritaville was a lot of fun. Huge pool, swim up bar, drinks served right in the pool.

The world's most perfect beach! I miss it already

We didn't go ashore in San Juan
Read 1366 San Juan Reviews

Jetskiing

340 Water Sports in Bolongo bay. It's a 3 minute cab ride to a lovely little bay. Matt, the owner, was very polite and personable. His staff were very professional and although this wasn't a "tour", they were right there if we needed anything. Bring water shoes as there are a lot of rocks