Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Chianti Gal: Dream 3X

Member Since 2010
24 Forum Posts

Dream 3X

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

This was the 3rd time on the Dream. Was traveling with friends who had picked this particular cruise . My husband, 20 yr daughter and myself met a couple and their grown sons for the cruise. We ported out of Port Canaveral and flew in the day before. We stayed at the Hyatt / Airport and we love this hotel. It is $200 per night but well worth every dime. It cost $240 for the car service from Orlando to Port Canaveral and the return after the cruise. Signature Service is the name of the company. Very professional and clean. We didnt have any high expectations because of our previous sailings on the Dream and so we were not disappointed. The food lines and the buffets, pizza parlor, drink stations were still long waits or at least waits. Coffee machines seemed to be out more in the morning ( 8am ish) then any other time. I really do hope that someone from Carnival reads this and really trys to improve the wait for food- even for a burger at luncg there was a wait. My opinion is that More there are not enough staff for this size ship. Even in our dining room, also with room service , always a wait. : ( The Mongolian Grill was the longest wait. Never could you go to the buffets without a wait, not once : (
I have been on a lot of cruises with Carnival and the Dream is by far the nicest, most beautiful ship. This ships service does not do the ship justice. The staff are excellent! Every single staff that I interacted with were great or excellent!!! The problem is there just isnt enough staff. I had a family emergency at home and the guest service couldnt do enough to help , I didnt wait in the lines because of my VIP card but even the guest services lines seemed long each time I went to use the sattelite phone ( at no charge) . Carnival was wonderful about helping me with the issues that arose during our cruise as far as help with the right phone numbers , dialing and letting the phone be available.
I will have to add that one of the reasons we did the 3rd cruise on the Dream was the cheap price. For 3 adults in our cabin it was 1100.00 . We had a spa cabin with 2 bathrooms. The room was very nice and because there was 2 women it was nice to have to showers. Please feel free to ask any questions : ) Less

Published 05/31/13

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: 4S1264 Spa Interior

We enjoyed the spa cabin with the 2 bathrooms : )

Nassau is my least favorite port. Doesnt feel so safe compared to 5 years ago.
Read 3139 Nassau Reviews

We took the water taxi to St Phillsburg Beach and enjoyed our day at the beach. This is our favorite port. The people and the island are beautiful.

Skip X