Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by patmama: Fun in the Sun

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Southern Caribbean Cruises

Fun in the Sun

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We,just my husband and myself flew into Fort Lauderdale the day of the cruise. We arrived at 12:30 which made me a little nervous, but the people from SAS were prompt and picked us up ($15.00 pp) and had us in Miami in plenty of time. We missed the crowd and were checked in and on the ship within minutes. We really needed one of our bags and the customer service people went and found it and delivered it to our room in a matter of minutes. Customer service was the best I have ever encountered on any ship. Our stateroom was fine just standard size, but we had plenty of room for what we brought. The bed was comfortable, and no complaints.
The food was regular ship food - Good but not always excellent. However, the first night we had lobster that was just excellent. Also the regular dining room steak was good- usually they are very tough, but my husband had it several times. We did not eat in any speciality restaurants. We really enjoyed the Sports Bar food which was open at More 5:00 PM until late. Also, eating on the back deck was good when you could find a seat. Main problem in the buffett - the food was too crowded and made for long lines -example: toast (with a person making it for you) was the same person who served grits and oatmeal. Other food was also right in the same area and the people could not walk around. Also on Norweign you must get your own drinks and they have extremely small glasses. They really need to get some better and bigger glasses.
Entertainment - Regular ship entertainment, we saw most of the shows. The singers and dancers were okay. The comedian was not really funny, he talked and bragged about him raising his son on a cruise ship and he was divorced. Really not what I call entertainment. Also "George" was not a good singer, but was a little better dancer. Not high quality entertainment, but was okay.
The piano bar was okay. The karaoke bar was upstairs and hard to find - Also, the guy running it was NOT GOOD. He forgot people and did not help you with the computer he just gave it to you.
Disembarkment was very easy - just pulled off. SAS picked us up promptly and took us back to FLL airport where we then went to Sleep Inn at Dania Beach and spent the night. (Walgreens, and two restaurants nearby) Good place to spent pre or post cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun

Just a long way from the elevator - port view was just a water view as is standard -room size was just fine

We walked one block and took a city bus ($2.30PP) to the beach. We got off at the second stop on Eagle Beach. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. There was a beach bar so we assumed it would be a good place. We drank about $50.00 worth of drinks and were going to order food - our server knew this ahead of time - They have to walk the order across the street - Also no restroom - you must walk across the street - The server took a couple's order sitting next to us, I then said we are also ready to order - The waiter replied "You are too late". She would not add our order to the other order - We left on the next bus. I recommend going to Palm Beach - nice pier with food and drinks and restroom.
Read 681 Aruba Reviews

We took the water taxi ($7.00 pp) for all day. We enjoyed the beach (you can rent umbrellas and get chairs with drinks for $20.00 all day.) right there off the water taxi - Then we enjoyed Barefoot's and did some shopping. My favorite Caribbean place to visit.

We did not go to the beach - You can get picked up right near the port and for a fee they will take you to a beach. Otherwise, there is not much to do around the port except Senior Frogs.
Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews