Viking Sun Cruise Review by fossil44: Fantastic

Fantastic

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

We just returned from a week cruise on the Rhine on the Viking Sun. This was a fabulous trip! The ship was well maintained, our room was very comfortable, the staff were all friendly and helpful.

The day excursions were very good and led by friendly, well informed guides. The food on board was excellent and well presented. Each night there was different entertainment in the lounge. We had a french singer, glass blower, classical music, etc. I left my carry on bag on the ship when we disembarked and Katya, the hotel manager, was wonderful in helping to get it returned to me.

The ship was very comfortable, my only complaint is that we wanted to do it all, and we were extremely tired at the end of our cruise, but we had an extension in Switzerland afterwards where we continued to do it all! Being seniors, we wanted to see everything, but it sure wore us out! I would highly recommend this cruise and we hope to take another. Less

Published 05/16/13

Read more Viking Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Sun Review >>

Cabin review: E Standard Stateroom

We were on the lower deck, so a bit noisy during the night when going through locks. Our window looked out about a foot above water level so we could watch ducks swimming by, pretty neat. Our closet was average, but needed more hangers. Bathroom had plenty of storage shelves, we had ample shelves for clothes.

Read All Standard Stateroom (E) Reviews >>