“New experience”

tallone16
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my 8th cruise, but 1st cruise that wasn't a carnival cruise. I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed, quieter change of pace. At 48, I was beginning to get tired of the Carnival party crowd. Celebrity Silhouette was definitely more elegant, more mature, and more peaceful than any Carnival cruise I had been on. The cabins seemed bigger also.I thought of this as the middle of the road. More maturer than Carnival, but not the retired age group I had heard travelled on Holland America. While there was people of all ages, a few with children, the majority of people ranged from 40 to 65.(my guess). It really seemed more elegant and better service. While they of course wanted you to spend your money on board like every other cruise ship, there was far less badgering for you to spend your money. I find the Carnival cruises are way to pushy and non stop pressure for you to buy something or sign up for something. The one show I went to see,was more of the magic and circus variety and was amazing. But, the comedy shows can't come close to those on Carnival. I was disappointed in that. They had the same comedians, doing the same shows all week. I am so used to the comedy on Carnival, that I was a little disappointed. They also don't have a 24 pizza place on the Silhouette, which they do on Carnival. The embarkation & disembarkation, was so smooth and fast, I couldn't believe it. Over all, I would definitely recommend this ship and Celebrity for a nice relaxing cruise. Where you are treated excellent, food is great. I think I found a new cruise line.
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View 8

Port
Can't help you much here. I just got off the boat and walked around the old part of San Juan. Very nice city. Next time I go there, I will do a historical tour.
Read 2,275 San Juan Reviews
One of my favourite ports. This was my third visit. I've done the tour around the island and the shopping. This time it was a taxi ride to the famous Orient Beach. Awesome place. I rented a chair and an umbrella and spent 3 hours doing nothing but read, and swim. A must see beach.
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
I was here before. Just took a taxi ride around the island this time and took pictures. Stopped at the internet cafe and used the cheap WiFi. Last time I was here, I took the cable carride up the mountain to the top, where you'll find one of the best views in Carribean.
Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 05/11/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?