Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Bugsy4271: Wonderful cruise to the Caribbean aboard Silhouette

Bugsy4271
Member Since 2011
8,266 Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful cruise to the Caribbean aboard Silhouette

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Other

This was my first time on Celebrity and it will not be my last. I was very impressed with what Celebrity had to offer and look forward to sailing with them again. The embarkation process was fairly painless although we all got the dreaded email saying not to arrive at the port before noon due to sequestration. I was on board by 12:40. Disembarkation is another story as terminal 25 leaves much to be desired... the ac was broken and the wait outside in the heat and sun was almost unbearable at times. Hopefully improvements can be made and soon.

The ship is gorgeous and the staff excellent. Nice to see people smiling and looking like they actually enjoyed what they were doing. I found them all to be very helpful with resolving any issues I had. The waitstaff in Blu was excellent, as was the food. A definite perk for sailing in Aqua class and well worth it in my opinion. The spa facilities were excellent and I very much enjoyed the heated tile chairs in the persian garden. More

The cabin was nice and comfortable with a nice sized balcony. Interactive tv was easy to use except when trying to retrieve any messages: nothing would appear on the screen. Shower in the bathroom is great with the detachable showerhead and massaging jets. It's a bit of walk to everything(due to near aft location) but did not bother me at all.

Food was great. Blu was wonderful for breakfast. Enjoyed dining at Tuscan Grille, Qsine(go hungry! lots of food!), Bistro on Five(great crepes) and the Porch had great panini sandwiches. Lawn Club Grill is good but I can't recommend it simply because the 40 dollar charge to cook alongside the chefs is steep in my opinion.

The lawn club was nice but was chained off way too much and I think the alcoves are nothing but a waste of space. They were not used much on our cruise and why not have them face towards the ocean instead of inward if you're going to insist on having them?

Overall I enjoyed the ship and look forward to sailing on her and her S-class sisters in the future Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 1648

I always enjoy Cozumel. The only drawback this time was the early arrival(7am) so had to wait a couple of hours for places to open up. Some friends and I went to Nachi Cocum beach resort for the day and had a great time at the beach with food, drinks, and relaxation.
Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

Falmouth doesn't interest me much. The port area is nice and there is now a Margaritaville there but other than that I spent much of this stop on the ship. RCCL and Celebrity no longer carry the two shore excursions I was interested in doing so this is a take it or leave it port in my opinion.
Read 476 Falmouth Reviews

Always enjoy a stop at RCCL's private beach at Labadee. Rented a hillside cabana and had friends join me. The cabana is very private with relatively easy access to the water(take the steps behind the cabana, a lot easier to get to the water that way). The buffet lunch is good. Only wish we had more time as Silhouette was here from 10am to 5pm versus when I was on Oasis we were there from 8am to 5pm.
Read 357 Labadee Reviews