Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by misssea

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Loads of fun and relaxation with new friends!
My friend and I traveled from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise. We had QLS shuttle pick us up at the Sleep Inn. They were scheduled to pick us up at 10 am but called at 8:45 to say the driver was there if we wanted to go earlier. This trip, we wanted to get on the ship as early as we could so we hustled to get on that shuttle. We arrived at POM at 9:30, went through security very fast, checked in and then waited until the ship was cleared for boarding. We had Zone 2 and were on the ship by 11:50. First on the agenda was a Funship Special and a Guys burger. Those burgers are delicious, so much so that we had one for lunch 3 different days! This is my take on everything:

Embarkation: very efficient and quick once the ship was cleared

Service: excellent. We met our cabin steward once and never really saw him again. Room was always clean. MDR wait staff was nice and very efficient but just didn't interact as much as in the past. No complaints though. Bar service was good as well. Room service was on time the 2 times we used it.

MDR: I found the food to be very good and never had a bad meal (I tried a frog leg my friend had and thought it was awful though). I enjoy the singing/dancing too. We were seated at a table for 4 which was a little disappointing since in the past, we were seated at a much larger table and seemed to enjoy that better. But, we had a lovely couple from Seattle sitting with us so it was fine.

Entertainment: we didn't go to the revue style shows but they did have a juggler type guy who was good and we did hit the Legends show which was one of the best I have seen. We went to a lot of the comedy shows and I thought the comedians were better than I had seen in the past. Very funny. One big disappointment was the piano bar player. I had him once before and knew he was awful so I didn't get to enjoy that place like I usually do. The music on Lido was a variety but still very loud.

Ports: Half Moon Cay was gorgeous. We did the horseback riding and it was a lot of fun, especially when they went running through the water. In St. Thomas, we went on the Kon Tiki Tour mainly because we had done this on our first cruise 18 years ago. It was fun, I had a lot of rum punch (now you have to pay $10 for the free rum), but not quite as much fun as 18 years ago. They still have a steel drum band which was nice. San Juan was our least favorite port. It just seems smelly and dirty and people everywhere are trying to sell you something. Grand Turk is also beautiful. We walked down to Jack's Shack to have a drink and watch Topher the dog dig in the sand and spent some time in the pool at Margaritaville.

Debarkation: we had zone 2 since we had an early shuttle pick up. It was quick and easy. Off the boat and through customs in 20 minutes.

We caught up with some people we had met on Facebook and cruisecritic and had a great time with them.

Overall, I can't complain about anything. Everyone on the Liberty was friendly and we had smooth sailing. No mechanical issues to report!

Publication Date: 04/28/13