Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Pumpkinspice

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Pumpkinspice
Carnival Liberty
Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Overall, the Carnival Liberty was a nice ship
Overall, my husband and I enjoyed our Carnival Liberty cruise.

Cabin: The cabin size was excellent. We have been on two prior cruises, and this was the largest balcony stateroom we have seen. The bed was comfortable and the balcony the cabin was clean! It was a quiet cabin and I hardly ever heard or noticed any noise from people getting off the elevator. My only two complaints were the fact that at night the A/C seemed to turned down or not work at all. It was warm in the cabin at night despite the A/C being on high. The second complaint would be the picture above our bed rattled constantly. We have the staff attempt to remedy the situation and they did try, but it still rattled. We had smooth seas the entire trip, and on a cruise were we had horrible seas I never encountered such a thing.

Shopping: I enjoyed the shopping on the ship. I waited till the last sea day because I know thats when the best sales are! Everything was fairly priced.

Entertainment: The cruise director was hysterical at every show! I think his name was Troy. We went to the opening show and the newlywed game and my husband and I laughed the entire time and we are not easily amused. Also, the comedians were great as well! The only downside was the movies that were played at night, while at sea, on the big screen. They were all older movies. In the past, my husband and I enjoyed seeing up to date movies under the stars while on the cruise ship.

Food: The food in the Golden Olympian Dining room was always amazing! We had great service every time! However, the food in the buffet leaves something to be desired. We prefer Norwegian's Cruise Line's buffet which offered many more healthy options and never seemed to be crowded.

Staff: Everyone was really nice and always helpful!

Ship: Overall, we loved the ship. The atrium was beautiful and the ship layout was easy to learn quickly. I never felt cramped or felt like there was nothing to do on the ship. Our only complaint would be the cigarette smell which seemed to linger in the stairs from the casino. The entire casino smelled of cigarette smoke and it drifted into the sitting area on the deck. Despite this one issue, we enjoyed our Carnival Cruise!

Publication Date: 05/01/13