Sea Princess Cruise Review by Gnomey

Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: FF
Cabin Number: P347
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Sea Princess around New Zealand, November 2012.
We planned this cruise for some time with other members of our family, always fun to co-ordinate! Wasn't too sure of the cabin selected by the agent and sure enough as the location suggests we were near the gangway exits and it wasn't too peaceful. We could have been moved but persevered as it turned out to be very handy for us. About a month before the cruise I broke my ankle quite badly, which put me into a wheelchair with some limited mobility on crutches - bugger! The location of our cabin now became very handy and I could just make it on crutches to the Explorers Bar where the drinks were fantastic and the service superb. We spent a fair bit of time at this wonderful Bar.

Embarkation/disembarkation via the Sydney International Tent at Barangaroo was better/quicker than expected and I must say that it was probably better than the OS terminal, certainly easier for motorised access.

I found the main dining room food to be excellent most times and no worse than very good at others. If I found something not to my fancy, I didn't order it again and on the other hand if I particularly liked something, I did have it again. Sometimes things weren't quite as ordered but I put that down to Aussie accents being misunderstood by the otherwise wonderful staff. We were a group of 9 people, with me in the 'chair, so requested to be seated together for dinner. Our Maitre'd arranged this with patience & grace and our waiters were truly wonderful. The food court was rarely used, but proved adequate and most convenient. Afternoon tea was wonderful and a highlight.

The shows/entertainment were varied and interesting. The tours arranged by Princess are what they are. Rather expensive but the few we had were good.

My Mother in Law is elderly and joined us on the cruise. Unfortunately she was taken ill, seen by the ship's doctor and medivaced off in Dunedin. She was operated on in Dunedin and rejoined us a few days later in Wellington, in much better health. A rather expensive exercise but so well handled by Princess that we were amazed. All necessary arrangements for her were handled by Princess and we were kept informed of proceedings constantly. Now, in addition to the above I must say that the potential for a holiday to be ruined by being stuck in a wheelchair just didn't materialise on my Princess Cruise. They went out of their way to accommodate me and although I wouldn't "damage" myself again just to be cared for, I wouldn't hesitate to do another trip with Princess if I was stuck in a 'chair.

All the staff we had contact with provided good service or better. Our room steward was most helpful and kept our room in top shape. He always appreciated us using the "service room" tag when we remembered too!

Will we sail again with Princess, too right. We are trying "another brand" this year so we will have something to compare.

Publication Date: 04/19/13