Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by daffydawn4: Excellent short getaway

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Excellent short getaway

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas

This was my 3rd cruise on the Majesty of the Seas and my 8th cruise overall. I've sailed on Celebrity, Carnival and NCL as well as RCI. RCI is by far my favorite cruise line.
This is not a fancy cruise and you shouldn't expect it to be. I've seen many bad reviews on here about how bad the ship, food and service is, but I don't think that's true. It is an old ship, but is still functional for a 3 day cruise. I only ate at the buffet and the food was plentiful, but certainly not gourmet. I'm not a picky eater, so I was able to find plenty to eat each day. The room stewards are the best you'll find and always very helpful.
I had a porthole oceanview room on the 2nd floor and it was perfect for one person. I usually travel in Balcony rooms, but since I was alone I figured this was fine. I do think it would be tight for two people, but managable.
We went to Cococay (RCI's private island) and Nassau. Cococay is a great place to just relax on the beach and enjoy the greay BBQ More they supply. I didn't get off the ship in Nassau because I've been there a bunch of times in the past, but had a great ship day. The pool deck was mostly empty and they had music playing the whole time, very relaxing.
The shows on the ship were decent and on par with other cruise line shows. I also enjoyed the casino and it didn't hurt that I kept winning!
Overall, I had a great getwaway from work, which was my intention and will definitely take this trip again. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>