Thomson Majesty 1

Cruise review of Thomson Majesty

Karmann
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Food pretty awful and I am not a fussy eater. Selection of desserts and cheeses were limited and bland. Drinks seemed to have low alcoholic amounts especially the cocktails. Lager was awful, drink packages overpriced?

Dining rooms just ok, buffet was cramped for number of guests onboard, had to extend area onto the pool deck. Pool areas were tiny which suggests this ship was not designed to sunshine cruises. Tables, chairs and loungers appeared tired and pass their sell by date. Public toilets were scarce and tiny. Pretty tired and smelt bad!

Cannot believe the other reviews on this ship as it did not tally with my experience. I paid more per night for this cruise than a recent P & O cruise to the Carribbean! I had a cramped outside cabin on this cruise compared to a spacious and modern one with a large balcony on P & O.

Children onboard were unchecked, always in the hot tubs despite not allowed but can't blame them as the ship is pretty uninspiring for kids, More not much for them to do otherwise.

The commendable points were few but I must compliment the cabin stewards and some of the entertainment was very good (cruise director & his assistant plus the singers/ dancers plus musicians in the Royal Oservatory)
Little to do onboard, shops offered little, bars okay but tired, Le Bistro restaurant is a joke - tiny and dark!

Overall , a tired ship that has been given a lick of paint. If you have booked it then go and make your own mind up. If you are thinking about it, I would look elsewhere. We will not be using Thomson Cruises again as it proved to be poor value for money compared to our previous cruise with P & O. Less

Overall Ratings

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Out890
Tiny , cramped. Small double bed. Tired dressing table . Limited storage. Kept immaculately by the stewards - Sasha & ? Window had a draught so let wind and noise from the promenade deck in. My advice. - don't stay in this cabin ( or book this ship!)

Published 04/09/13

Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Majesty Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?