Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by cruisingmama1982: Last Cruise for a While

Family & Children 3.3

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Last Cruise for a While

Sail Date: February 2013

We originally booked this cruise for our kids because our son had a break from school that week. We have taken a Royal Cruise before with him and enjoyed it, then we tried Carnival, but felt lost in the shuffle, so we thought we'd step it up to a Celebrity and see how it goes.
Turns out Celebrity wasn't better than a Royal Caribbean ship as far as most things go and they were less accommodating for our children. Actually, my son enjoyed it, he is 6 years old, but our 2 year old daughter was too young to do anything besides be babysat. She was even kicked out of the pool for wearing a swim diaper (figure that one out!).
I think Celebrity really caters to people as they enter senility. Lots of disgruntled old folks roaming around aimlessly. Some were nice though and that helped.
The buffet area was always so crowded it was crazy trying to find a seat and juggle food & children. Most of the staff were too consumed with disabled old people to worry about us.
Also, their More choice to designate a smokers lounge on the jogging track was an obvious mistake. Might as well put one in the gym. I actually tried to submit a comment on this matter, but the guy at guest services wanted to argue about how they weren't going to move it. "Thanks, just a suggestion!" Everyone running/walking around would hack and cough through that part.
Dining staff was not rude, but not top notch. Again, too busy serving decaf to old folks to remember that my husband would like some caffeinated coffee.
The only real highlight of the entire boat was in the evenings when we left our kids with babysitters, (Which we were thankful to have!) and we would go to Michael's Club. Really great ambiance!! Sports on TV, but not in a loud or alarming way like some sports bars, excellent beer selection, especially for a boat! Plus, the staff there were very charming and seemed to be the only staff on the boat that actually cared. If I were to cruise Celebrity again, I would take the same boat just to return to Michael's Club. Actually, according the the book there, that everyone signs, one couple actually did take the Silhouette twice to return to Michael's Club. I can see why.
If you take a cruise on the Silhouette, you definitely should swing by Michael's Club at least one night. Even if you don't drink beer and you don't watch sports it's the ambiance and staff that will keep you coming back! Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Oceanview Stateroom Sunrise Deck (7) 3121

No noise issues. Location was fine. Could use more drawer space.

We caught a cab to a nice beach and paid and all-inclusive fee. Hung out with the kids, snorkeled, ate, drank ...
Read 3092 Cozumel Reviews

Met this great guy who worked for Jamaica's visitor's bureaux. He took us on a walking tour around Falmouth. Great day!
Read 474 Falmouth Reviews

It's been about 11 years since I had been to Labadee. A lot has changed. A lot has been built there, but it was done well. Not to extravagant. Structures blend well with the landscape. Nice variety of activities. I could spend a week in Labadee.
Read 356 Labadee Reviews