Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Mikeydunkin: Best Birthday Ever

Best Birthday Ever

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Before I begin my review let me give some quick pointers. 1. Have lots of change mostly dollar bills and five's for tipping. 2. Bring some snacks and bottled water for the trip. 3. Carry a backpack with the essentials. 4. Research the area you are visiting for better preparation. Now let's begin I am please to say that I had a great time with the Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line. I booked a 2 night stay-over at the Viva Wyndham Resort. I started my journey on February 15 for a 4 night cruise and resort. I can say that it was a rainy Friday and also it was the week were it was going to be the coldest. I was traveling with my wife and 2 kids, boy is 12 and the girl was 8 turning 9. I spoke with the Celebration team of why I'm traveling and they made an arrangement for my daughter to receive a mini-cake as a surprise. I boarded the ship with no hassles and was pleased to see the interior was clean.

As we made way to our stateroom 8454 it was great my kids, they ran to the More balcony which was a room with a huge window we could open and look out of. They put 2 roll out beds for the kids which I guess they just loved knowing they were on a boat. We stayed in our room for about 2 hours and then walked the inside of the ship getting to know the places. For me this was a fun transportation cruise to the Bahamas. Dinner was good, but my kids loved the fries at the Bull restaurant. There was not much to do in the upper deck due to rain but the kids were happy to be on a boat.

Morning came and we had a quick breakfast and was out by 8:45 am to catch the bus to take us to the resort Viva Wyndham. It was a 25 minute ride to the resort. We arrived at the resort and was surprised. It was a beautiful sandy beach with blue water. I gave my luggage early to the bellhop and realized I was wearing jeans. You don't get a room till 3 pm. I suggest you get a reservation to the Italian and Oriental restaurant at the time of check-in. Remember everything is all inclusive. We started walking on the beach and a fellow by the name of Trevor was walking around pushing tourist for excursions. I was skeptical at first and told him if he found another family I would try his banana boat ride. He found another couple and it was adventure from there. He called the Banana Boat Company to pick us up at the beach. It was a green twin banana float. We hopped on and I have never seen the kids have so much fun. We were speeding to all the sightseeing areas. He took us to Millionaires row, Grand Lucayan Resort, an Old Pirate Ship which we got on and jump from the bow to the sea, (Adrenalin Rush) and Also went to the Dolphin training grounds. It was the best 2 hours the kids had experienced. They still don't stop talking about it. We were back to the resort and showered. Every room has a balcony. Ours was a view of the garden. At night we dined at the Italian restaurant. The minestrone soup is not tomato based but it was good. The Eggplant dish and the Ravioli was excellent. the kids had their spaghetti. We rested the night it was about 45 degrees F. The next morning we woke, had breakfast and was ready for another excursion. Since it was Sunday it is usually quiet in the morning. I hailed a taxi cab. It costs usually $30 a person. The driver was George Moncur which the resort hails for you. He was an excellent tour guide as well. We traveled 25 minutes to the National Park and saw some beautiful cave's and mangrove estuaries. After about an hour we went to the shopping district. Half the day was done and we went back to the resort. We had reserved Sunday for Oriental dinner. I had the tempura dish and the wife had the curry dish. the food was good especially the tempura. the kids were not fond of this dinner instead they had fresh pizza made by the pizza stand.

That same day my daughter won in Bingo and was told to pick up her prize at night. I can't explain much but I can tell you that they literally made her the guest of honor due to her birthday. It's an amazing job this fantastic crew did to show how much they appreciate our company. I was really happy that I chose this resort.

The next morning we got up and had breakfast and was packing. I checked-out at 11 am and was sitting in the patio and noticed some people trying the trapeze. Well one last thing before I left. I tried it and once again adrenaline rush. I had two great experiences on this trip. I won't forget. As we boarded the bus all I heard from the kids was can we come back again.

We got back to our ship and it was memorable to see our steward know our names and faces. He knew that it was my daughters birthday and he bought her some chocolates. We bought some balloons and party favor on board the ship and decorated the room for a birthday she would never forget. That night for dinner the crew got her a chocolate cake and sang the birthday song. Her face just lit up and smiles were everywhere. I don't look for everything to be a 100% perfect but this trip was well above my expectations. Thanks to the crew of Bahamas Celebration and also to Viva Wyndham. I hope to sail with you again soon. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8454

Room 8454 nice inside balcony with a window that you can open and close. nice size bathroom. great amenities. was well impressed.