Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by skagitcruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by skagitcruiser
Bahamas Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Member Name: skagitcruiser
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4

Great Weekend Getaway
Having sailed 24 times prior to taking a 2 Day cruise on Celebration last weekend on Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean I booked with low expectations and was wonderfully surprised. I booked on-line directly with the cruise line for an Oceanview room on deck 8. Made my dinner reservations online at the time of booking as well as booked my shore excursion.

Embarkation - Arrived at the cruise terminal in West Palm Beach about 10:30 am, was immediately welcomed by the valet parking attendant. Valet parking is $15 per day. We went directly in the terminal and was greeted by the staff taking luggage and was directed through security and went upstairs for check-in. I had pre-printed our paperwork and was directly taken to an agent that checked our paperwork and presented us with our Guest Card. A quick picture and stopped by the shore excursion desk where we confirmed our beach day. Then a stop at the dinner reservation desk where we were already confirmed and given the cards to give the waiters each evening. They also had wine packages, drink specials and spa specials to sell. We purchased the drink specials which is 10 tickets for $60 good for drinks up to $8.75 each (includes drink special in souvenir glass). We were told we would start boarding around noon and almost exactly at 12:04 we were walking the breezeway.

The Ship - This ship is the smallest I've been on in about 20 years but I found the decor to be pleasant and clean. Staff was very friendly. We were told rooms would be ready at 2 pm, so we headed up to the top deck for buffet lunch and our first Bahama Mama. Since we where in the first group on we had the buffet almost to ourselves and found a table to enjoy. The food here is very much on par with other buffets on other lines. They had steel drums playing (something I really miss on Carnival & Norwegian). Then we were off to explore the ship.

Dinners - We had dinner in the Crystal Room the first night and had great service and food was comparable to other lines. We had Dinner the second night in the Cove (fee). Service was a little slower, but the food was very good. We received a few samples from the chef that was nice. We had late night snack in the Italian eatery and the pizza is the best I have had on any cruise line. We had breakfast buffet on the top deck the first and second mornings just to enjoy the weather.

Activities - We took in a wine tasting in the Pub for 10 tastes for $10 from 6 different countries, along with free apps. Went to the casino (they have buy in special the first night $15 for $10). Enjoyed the show in the View lounge, little of everything.

Excursions - We took in a full beach day at Viva Wyndam (all-inclusive). Nice facility on par with other standard all-inclusive places we have been. Had good lunch buffet and snack shack with hamburgers and hotdogs & Fries. Drinks were flowing and were not watered down. Nice clean beach. We had the option to stop at Port Lucaya and shop on the way back.

Embarkation - We were off the ship by 10 am. Customs was a little slow but this is not the cruise line issue, mostly people who did not have paperwork filled out or documents out. Valet parking had our car within 10 minutes and we were on our way.

I would and plan to return on this trip again in the future. It is hard for me to get away for great lengths of time right now so this is perfect.

Publication Date: 04/02/13