“Breeze”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I cruised with 5 other couples and we all had a great time. Our food in the dining room was always warm and came quickly. Our dining room staff, Ioan, Nicolina and Vicente were outstanding. They were not only efficient and pleasant, but they were also very entertaining. The head waiter, Ken, was also great and stopped by to visit more than once. He can even sing! The only meal that we weren't impressed with was the first night on the cruise. The food that night was not very good, but the service was impeccable. We tried the other dining options on the ship, too, and we were not disappointed. We didn't see a lot of the shows, but weren't impressed with the Diva show. We did like the Motown show - Consuela and her band are extremely good. Our biggest disappointment was the fact that we didn't get to stop at Grand Turk because of high winds. I had read that his has happened in the past, so I wasn't surprised, but I'm really unhappy that Carnival would build a cruise port that is so often skipped. It seems that this is poor planning and maybe they should consider an alternative. I would definitely not choose this cruise again just because of this stop and the high odds that I might not get to stop there. That makes an 8 day cruise with only 3 stops - not what I wanted. We liked all the bars, the activities like Karaoke and trivia, and the decor of the ship and except for not stopping at Grand Turk, were very pleased with the whole experience.
Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
We went to a beach and then shopped a bit in town. Shops close at 5pm, but the shopping was not that great. The ship didn't stop here until 1pm, which doesn't leave much time for beach and shopping. Even though Curacao is a lovely place, we didn't get to enjoy it as much as if we'd gotten there earlier in the day.
Read 702 Curacao Reviews
We went to a beach and it was lovely. The locals brought us beer but when they brought the bill at the end of the day, tried to grossly overcharge us. Maybe they thought we'd lost track. On the other hand, we had no trouble with anybody not speaking English. On the whole, this is not a great place to stop.
Published 03/04/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Breeze Review
Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?