Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by gymratkim

Member Name: gymratkim
Cruise Date: February 2013
Public Rooms 5+

Breeze
My husband and I cruised with 5 other couples and we all had a great time. Our food in the dining room was always warm and came quickly. Our dining room staff, Ioan, Nicolina and Vicente were outstanding. They were not only efficient and pleasant, but they were also very entertaining. The head waiter, Ken, was also great and stopped by to visit more than once. He can even sing! The only meal that we weren't impressed with was the first night on the cruise. The food that night was not very good, but the service was impeccable. We tried the other dining options on the ship, too, and we were not disappointed.

We didn't see a lot of the shows, but weren't impressed with the Diva show. We did like the Motown show - Consuela and her band are extremely good.

Our biggest disappointment was the fact that we didn't get to stop at Grand Turk because of high winds. I had read that his has happened in the past, so I wasn't surprised, but I'm really unhappy that Carnival would build a cruise port that is so often skipped. It seems that this is poor planning and maybe they should consider an alternative. I would definitely not choose this cruise again just because of this stop and the high odds that I might not get to stop there. That makes an 8 day cruise with only 3 stops - not what I wanted.

We liked all the bars, the activities like Karaoke and trivia, and the decor of the ship and except for not stopping at Grand Turk, were very pleased with the whole experience.

Publication Date: 03/04/13