Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by racerxspeedy: No problems mon - Just great times

racerxspeedy
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

No problems mon - Just great times

Sail Date: February 2013

I normally wouldn't spend my time writing a review like this, but after reading so many negative reviews this year I had to add another positive review for the Carnival Breeze.

The previous reviewer stated that this ship was not as nice as the other Carnival ships he had visited. I could not disagree more. Everything is located in the same places as other Large Carnival ships, but there are more food offerings, and the theme is more "Caribbean". You can read the other reviews if you want details. The other ships try too hard to be flashy.

The RCC and Princess ships are nicer (higher end art, furnishings, marble and wood..etc, but the Breeze is very pleasing to my eyes.

1. Cruise Director - Some others love Butch and his side kick Brittany. NOT ME They drove me crazy. They are officially the most phony people I have ever had to watch. They should be penalized 10 yards for "over acting". A little goes a long way.

2. Live BIG More Shows (Latin, Divas..)Not good - The singers can sing, but the production was non-existent. It helps to know this going in. Go watch the band or the guitar/piano players in the lounges. I was very happy with the other acts

3. Pool areas - Slides were great, but they need an adult only pool. No problem getting chairs for a change.

5. Food - Dining Room and staff was great, Guy Fieri's Grill for burgers was fun, Blue Iguana was good, Pizza was just OK. Marketplace was good. The average American Carnival guest should be very happy with this.

The singing and dancing was better than ever in the Blush dining room.

6. Gym - Very nice. I did not like the gym layouts on other Carnival ships

7. Track area - nice, but busy. The back of the ship did have a sewer odor. I have experienced this on other ships. The sewer gas coming out the top of the ship can get blown around by the wind direction and can show up on the upper decks. If you cruise as much as I have you will eventually run into sewer gas at some locations.

8. Motion of the Ocean - This ship had normal movement. No one in my normally seasick group complained. Depend on were you are located you will hear waves hitting the side of the boat. This is more common near the front of every ship.
I have been in 30 foot seas while crossing the Atlantic and had the plates flying off the tables. If you cruise enough you will see everyone sick at some point. The ships are more efficient without the stabilizers deployed.

Itinerary - a little frustrating that they can't optimize the port times better. Grand Turk - difficult port due to the ship being only 300 feet from the beach. Very nice beach party spot. I wish carnival would cruise at 21 knots instead of 16 knots to allow us to stay a few hours longer!! Obviously saving fuel. Jamaica - no problem mon (plenty of reviews out there) - arrives at 11 am. Nassau - fun time at Atlantis, they should keep the boats there until 6pm so everyone can maximize there excursions. It only takes about 10 hours to get back to Miami from Nassau (180 miles).

Overall a great trip and I would cruise with Carnival again in a minute! Thanks for another surpising good time great ship and staff. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2470

Back of ship outside corner rooms are a great value. Larger than normal with corner view. A little noisy when docking, but for me they are hard to beat for the cost!