Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by baltimore cruiser: Grandeur of the Seas - Western Caribbean

baltimore cruiser
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Grandeur of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: June 2006
Embarkation: Baltimore

EMBARKING- We drove to the port; it was easy to get in and park. We arrived around 11:15 and had no lines to contend with. We were able to enjoy eating lunch at the Windjammer and then swam the rest of the afternoon.

FOOD- I did see a difference from 2 years ago in quality, but hey, as long as I am not cooking I am happy. The quality of service has not changed. We would have liked to have our waiter come home with us. We traveled with a group of 15; we had a kids table and an adults table. Our kids ranged in age from 8 to 14. They had a great dining experience. The food was still very good, just not as good.

SERVICE- Every area of service was outstanding, every person in our group whichever category room had excellent service. It was very difficult to come home.

CRUISE DIRECTOR-Hello Clo was both funny and very organized. She really was an amazing asset to this cruise. The last cruise director we had did not stand out at all for us. Clo kept all of us More entertained.

ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT- I know I am starting to sound like an ad for RCCL, but we had fantastic entertainment. The only shows we missed were the RCCL entertainers so I cant rate them. We were never bored. From Karaoke to limbo, from El Gaucho to the comedians. We loved them all. There was always something of interest to see or do on the ship. If you are bored or unhappy, I would say you are probably a difficult person to please.

PORTS OF CALL- Grand Bahama Island- we enjoyed beaching it and shopping,

Key West-We booked on our own Parasailing. It was beautiful.

Cozumel- We booked snorkeling/glass bottom boat thru ship, we were disappointed with that excursion. They kept calling you to stay in a small area and it was so crowded, you were constantly getting kicked and it was difficult to see anything. We enjoyed the glass bottom boat, and when we could get to the outskirts of the crowd we enjoyed the snorkeling. I would recommend you book on your own or find a different company thru the ship.

Costa Maya- Our favorite by far. We booked with Ivan and David outside the ship. David was the best tour guide we had ever had in our lives. Look up their info on Cruise Critic. I am not a history buff, but he held my attention as well as the kids the entire time.

Port Canaveral-We did the kayaking and had a great time. Very pretty, not as slow a pace as they state, but we were able to keep up.

OVERALL- Our group rated this as one of the best vacations ever. I know people have mentioned the ship is showing her age, I did not see anything that would stand out, but I really did not look for it either. I would go again in a heartbeat. our review. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>