Carnival Liberty 4

“Carnival Liberty - Trans-Atlantic”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

Maxine Kranick

Overall Member Rating

This was my 8th Carnival cruise and I must say that my husband and I expected much more for this one. Thinking that it was their maiden transatlantic on the Liberty we thought they would go out of their way. They did not.

Embarkation was simple... no problems there.

Food was a great disappointment. The usual pizza, burgers and ice cream...but the dinners in the dining room were very disappointing. No fancy dinner rolls, soups came out cold, meats were well done and overcooked. We had better food on their 4 and 5 night cruises than this one. Portions were tiny.... desserts were nothing to write home about. The only place the food was excellent was in Harry's - the supper club, which of course was $30.00 additional per person, but well worth it.

Also, for a 16 nighter, with 5 nights continuous at sea, there was very little planned to do on board. Lots of trivia games and that was it. The library was poorly stocked and ran out of books and games...passengers More had to trade books amongst themselves because Carnival did not plan ahead for such a long trip with so many passengers. We expected better preparation.

The staff was top of the line...great waiters, cabin stewards, etc..but they had little to work with.

The shows were extremely amateurish. Looks like they all just learned how to dance at Arthur Murrays.... really.... very poor entertainment. Saw better shows at my friends high school dance.

The shops had nothing to buy.... if you lost your luggage, all you could get on board was Carnival logo wear...or a black and white beaded gown. They had really no selection of clothes or articles. Whoever stocked the ship did not think ahead. Some ships have really beautiful shops....not this one.

The pool area was great.... lots of seating so no fights for chairs, or lounges. But this was not a sun bathing trip...on a Caribbean cruise, that could be different.

We did enjoy seeing ports of Spain but because of a strike at the port of Barcelona we could not dock until late in the day which was a shame. That's one of the places we were looking forward to seeing. I wish they would have stayed there overnight into the next day instead of 5 days at sea...but I guess that could not.

All in all, I must say that I do enjoy cruising with Carnival, but this was not the trip of our dreams, which we hoped it would be. Less

Carnival Liberty Cruises to Transatlantic

Published 11/28/05

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review

Carnival Liberty Cruises to Transatlantic

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?