Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Elizabeth Kadelbach: Carnival Liberty - Trans-Atlantic

Elizabeth Kadelbach
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Transatlantic Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Trans-Atlantic

Sail Date: October 2005
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

What a horrible trip. Embarkation was easy and lunch was offered on the Lido deck. Probably one of the better lunches. Our state room was nice, lots of closet space.

We had an extended balcony that was nice. Although it could of been cleaned a bit more.

The food was dreadful. Very salty. Seafood was dried out or rubbery. There was no variation. Food was repetitive. You would see the same food on the lido deck for lunch the next day disguised. Desserts were always the same. Some sort of phylo and chocolate paste. Breakfast was uneventful and the same every day. Room service menu was all cold items. They usually forgot something. I actually lost weight on a 16 day cruise.

Nightlife was slow, Ron on the Promenade was entertaining with his country music. and the Piano bar held a small crowd of people. (majority of people were over 60)

Entertainment was of need of improvement. Left most nights before show was over.

Customer service was the More pits as well. Lack of concern.

We did one excursion, RIP OFF. Better off on your own, which we did after our first port. Internet was also a big rip off. I brought my laptop and had problems almost everyday lodging off, which would eat up my minutes.

Not very much pool space. Hot tubs were not hot. Gym was nice, but most times equipment was occupied by the staff and you had to wait if you went at a busy time.

Disembarkation was a joke! Early flight were to gather in the Venetian Palace at 800 a.m. No order at all. People were jammed in the hallways lined up to get off not allowing those who gathered for early flights to get off. We were told that customs was holding up the disembarkation, not true according to Customs officer. The people to off load the bags were two hours late. We stood jammed together until 930, very unsafe. Had to pay 35 to jam to the airport instead of taking the transfer or else would have missed flight. I have cruised several times and picked this trip because of the itinerary, I must say too many days at sea. I would not travel with Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>