Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by acshr

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IE
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

The staff of the NCL Jade went above and beyond!
As a new Cruise Critic member, this was the first time I participated in organizing events through the site. I had great responses from my fellow cruisers and met many wonderful people. I ended up organizing several shore excursions for groups from 4 to 24, and airport transportation through the site. I organized a Meet and Greet, which was attended by about 75 people. Not only did the ship have a member of the crew attend to assist with anything we needed, but the entire Senior Staff, including the Captain, was in attendance to thank us for cruising. WOW!

I also organized a dinner to celebrate the birthday of Scottish poet Robert Burns. Again, the staff blew me away. They had a lovely private dining room available for us, they provided Scottish music, agreed to make a completely separate menu for th 26 of us who attended, and printed a program for the evening's festivities. Cruise Director Gary Glading, who hails from Scotland, Addressed the Haggis and led the Haggis procession at the start of the evening.

I couldn't have asked for better service, better food, or a greater sense of urgency from the crew. I was happy with NCL before, but this took it to a whole new level!

Publication Date: 02/28/13