Norwegian Jade 1

Cruise review of Norwegian Jade

DoctorG
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

This was my first time on NCL and it will be my last. The money grubbing was ridiculous. They had very uninteresting menus in the restaurant to force people to pay for their specialty restaurants. It seemed like they always were charging for something. The casino staff (except for the cashiers) were incredibly rude. The embarkation was terrible with all the wheelchair people squeezed into a tight area with no seats and long waits. It would have been better to go through the regular check in. The fellow who worked at the excursions desk could have been a poster child for a drugged up hippie from the 60s (he was totally without emotion and seemed almost comatose). The people at guest services were awful -- none of them seemed to know what they were doing. Our room steward was a delight and the wait staff were outstanding.

The thing that upset me the most was the "bait and switch" around wifi. The kept saying free access to wifi, but you have to pay to use it --- it was More totally bogus.

Finally, they changed the itinerary in Israel a few weeks before sailing and I was never informed. I WILL NEVER GO NCL AGAIN! Less

Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Middle East

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Obstructed Oceanview

OK8596
Because of handicapped bathroom which we needed we had very little storage space. It would have been helpful if we could have stored suitcases under the beds but they were too low to do that.

Showed up there on a Sunday - everything was closed. The tour we took "A Taste of Crete" was awful. The ship needs to do better. We were sampling wine at 9 am and eating snacks with awful tea at 10 and then forced to sit there for an hour.

Nazareth, Jerusalem and Bethlehem
This was a wonderful tour and our tour guide was kind enough to pick us up at the crack of dawn to get us to Bethlehem and Jerusalem since the ship changed its itinerary at the last. We loved every minute of this and it is the reason we took the cruise. We got to see everything on our list and it was cheaper than any ship excursion.

City Tour
The tour was nice --- got to see some of the city - a little too much on museums and not enough on the flavor of the city. I did enjoy going to the carpet shop -- found that interesting. Was inexpensive and worth the price.

Published 02/22/13

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review

Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Middle East

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?