Carnival Legend Cruise Review by CRUZN CHICK: Wonderful Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Cruise

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

We were part of a larger group and brought our own entertainment (beach music bands and DJ's) so didn't really see what the ship had to offer except for the comedians, which we thought were good. I thought the ship was in good shape, clean and didn't really have any issues. We found the service to be very good in the dining room and the cabins. The food in the dining room was good and the main entree was always hot, but the veggies sometimes came luke warm. I was fine with that and didn't complain. I can't think of a bad meal that we had. All of us at our table enjoyed the food and it was plentiful. One of my table mates ordered at least two appetizers and desserts (had to have ice cream) with every meal. Don't know where he put it! Our servers were the best and made our dinners very enjoyable. We had the best dancers and singers out of all of the waitstaff!! The sea days were fun on deck with the contests etc. The photographers took great pictures - we bought a boatload More of them because we couldn't decide which ones to buy.

We had pizza several nights after dancing and found it to be hot and delicious!

We had a balcony cabin and loved it!! We were below lido deck (which was very convenient), but where we were located, we hardly heard anything. Late at night you could hear the chairs etc being moved around, but I sleep with ear plugs anyway so it didn't bother me. I thought the cabin was clean with plenty of room and places to put your clothes (I brought a lot too). Make sure you use the drawers in the sofa too and also bring some extra hangers. The balcony was very private. Our cabin steward was great - brought ice to us 3 times a day. We purchased a bottle of rum and vodka through the ship and brought a bottle of wine each on board and diet coke. That was just enough for us. I purchased 2 boat drinks. I was very pleased with our cabin and will probably never cruise without a balcony again!!

I would definitely cruise on the Legend again! Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Panorama 8211

We had never had a balcony room before so I loved it!! We were below lido deck (which was very convenient), but where we were located, we hardly heard anything. Late at night you could hear the chairs etc being moved around, but I sleep with ear plugs anyway so it didn't bother me. I thought the cabin was clean with plenty of room and places to put your clothes (I brought a lot too). Make sure you use the drawers in the sofa too and also bring some extra hangers. The balcony was very private. Our cabin steward was great - brought ice to us 3 times a day. We purchased a bottle of rum and vodka through the ship and brought a bottle of wine each on board and diet coke. That was just enough for us. I purchased 2 boat drinks. I was very pleased with our cabin and will probably never cruise without a balcony again!!

I was not overly impressed with Belize. We did the cave tubing with VIV Tours who did not make us carry our tubes through the rain forest except for the last 10 minutes and had a great time. I would highly recommend this experience. No problem getting back in time. Our driver told us there were no beaches on Belize and locals usually go to the islands close by for that type of activity.

We were part of a group cruise that included three hours of free alcohol at Senior Frogs so we did not really do anything else. When we first got off the ship,however, we stopped at the first store (can't think of the name of it) at the top of the escalator and purchased some beautiful tanzanite and inlaid opal earrings and feel we received a fair price. I hadn't planned on purchasing anything, but they kept going down in price to a point I couldn't resist! ha ha I really wasn't trying to negotiate, but I love the earrings and am glad my BF bought them for me. Even though we did not take any excursions, from past experience, the snorkeling in Cozumel out in the ocean is great and wish I had had time to do that.
Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

Snorkeling

(3)
Booked Barrier Reef Snorkeling Tour on Carnival which I felt was very misleading. I was with a couple who also dive and we all felt this reef was not as it was advertised. We expected a lot more. We did see some pretty fish and a little coral, but I had expected something similar to what I had seen in Cozumel - more different kinds of fish. The water was beautiful though and crystal clear. I would not recommend this tour unless you have never snorkeled - probably a good beginner snorkeling tour. We did some shopping (which is abundant) and went to Island Glass Blowing Company. They have some beautiful pieces that are priced very reasonably. Looked in several stores, but mostly there were jewelry stores which we weren't interested in. Not sure I'd want to go back here again, but glad I went once.

I probably would have rated this port much higher had we not gone to Mahogany Bay. Whatever you do, don't go here unless you just want to get a drink at one of the two bars (which are very nice) or just walk around. We purchased the beach package on the ship which included chair lift ride, two cabana chairs and floats. The chairs would have been great if they had been on the first row. We, however, were on the 4th row and with all of the cabanas up, could not see the water or anything else for that matter except for the chair in front of us. We were all packed in like sardines and I really didn't care for that. We got in the water and floated for a while and then got a snack and a couple of drinks. I had planned to go to Tabyana Beach but thought this would be ok. If I had had someone to snorkel with, I would have done that. I'm sure the reefs surrounding this area were wonderful. Another suggestion, if you want to go here, don't bother with the cabana chairs, there are plenty of chairs in the shade under the trees - just get there as early as you can to claim one of them and you can walk not ride to the beach. It's an easy walk although the chair lift is fun too.
Read 1650 Roatan Reviews