“Such a disappointment”

Shanti4@comcast.net
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Nana and Grannie traveling with a 3 & 4 year old. We had so looked forward to this cruise with our grandchildren. We booked the cruise on another Carnival in the late summer. Explained the kids and planned to use Kiddie Camp. I can't say enough good about the camp, wonderful space and staff. Our main issue was our cabin.. 1120 which was without a doubt the noisiest we have ever encountered. Both in the evening into the very late night and then again in the early am. I called guest services the first night to request a cabin change, they sent a person to come and listen to the noise.He said it was pretty bad, I said I can't be the first ever complaint..no comment.I then called the from desk again and they said they did not have any other cabins but if on the third day of the trip if one opened up they would let us know in the mean time they offered us earplugs..rally a three and four year old with ear plugs. The did give us a bit of a discount which I was not interested in and a voucher for 10% off the next cruise,which I will be sending that back to them.Indeed on the third day a cabin in another area of the ship came available. We choose not to move because of the kids and all their stuff. The noise never stopped. Maybe shame on us for not checking more carefully the placement of the cabin but at the time of booking we repeated we were traveling with the young children.Never ever had such an issue on any cruise. Next issue.. food for small children. I did bring things they like to eat but did not bring apple juice. Big mistake, AJ is only served at breakfast. When the 3 yr old took the first drink of it he yelled this is poison.I tasted it and it was really bad.. way to thick and sweet, smelled like vinegar. Also chocolate milk was only available at breakfast. Next issue.. The carving station on Lido served whole turkey to be sliced.. As I waited in line I watched the carver pull the raw innards out and put them in a stainless steal container next to the cutting board. He then proceeded to carve from the turkey which was indeed raw and offer the meant to a man in line. The man said this is not cooked and moved on. People ahead of me just passed the station, I said to the carver the turkey is not cooked.. He said to the person behind me he was waiting for another turkey. Staff was great, the situation with guest services and the turkey were really bad. I was offered ear plugs for the kids a second time and again asked are you really serious. No more Carnival for us and that means several other people who we travel with.Their loss not ours.
Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

5A1120
The cabin was the worst we have ever had. The noise level was impossible for the kids and us to sleep. Early morning noise was also very bad, workers moving carts around.

Published 02/15/13
Thank Shanti4@comcast.net
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Legend Review
Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?