Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Patfan00: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Sail Date: January 2013

Let me start by saying no matter what I complain about in this review, I still know I am blessed to have been able to sail this cruise.

The Good and sometimes great.

This ship is beautiful, the food is fantastic and the specialty restaurants are worth every penny. The room was fantastic and the shower was even better.
This cruise left on my birthday and I could not have asked to have a better birthday in my life. When we got on board I was immediately wished happy birthday by the first person who scanned my card and that set every thing off in the right direction.
After getting our rooms we decided to get something to eat and drink and walk around the ship. We started on the Solstice deck and let me say that the chairs and beds up there were incredible. next we sat in the Hammocks one floor below and made our way to the bar to get a drink only to be wished Happy Birthday again (nice touch).
After we set sail we decided to hit the casino and even though we More could not gamble yet we met the bartender and the waitress (Monika) who we shared many laughs with over the course of the week. These two ran the bar like a fine tuned machine and even though some guests were not as polite as the rest of us they still kept the smile on there face.
If you decide to take this cruise please tell them John(Mr.Guinness) says hello.

The ports were ok, We like St. Marteen the best and the information given by the Captain was perfect especially when we had the emergency evacuation by the coast guard.
If you do this cruise and you are a beer drinker that likes quality beers you must visit Micheal's club it is very nice with a great assortment of beers from around the globe.

The BAD

Not much here except there were a few crew members that do not like there job and should not be people facing, they were exceptionally rude to cruisers who did not speak up so I spoke up for them only to be scolded the same way that they spoke to the others I spoke up for.
Being from a technical background the Guy (W) that runs the Ilounge should be left on an island far far away from this boat as he is a miserable arrogant SOB who made people feel dumb and in some cases made people upset to the point of tears.
I know how to connect to wireless with my ipad but some folks do not so instead of helping them he would basically say ( are you kidding me that you do not know how to change the wireless settings) Get rid of this guy.

The Ugly

The Ugly goes to a cruiser for yelling and I mean yelling at the bar tender at the fresh squeezed orange juice bar because he wanted more ice cream in his chocolate milk. Something to the effect of ( You will do what I tell you and not speak back to me) I wanted to throw this miserable bastard over board.

Second ugly

The bartender who was lazy and slow and yelled at the waitress in front of every body to the point that she was in tears even though she was not only serving everyone but making the drinks as well and doing a great job.
The man sitting next to me spoke up to the bartender and asked to see his manager, once the manager came over we all let her know our displeasure with the way he was treating this woman and to our happiness he was removed and not seen the rest of the week.(Shark bait)

Ending

This is a fantastic ship with a fantastic crew ( Thank you Paul & Luis), Please remember that these folks are there busting there hump for our pleasure 12 to 18 hours a day and also most importantly remember that they are human beings just like us and should be treated as such.

Would I do Celebrity again? yes when I am older and just want total relaxation and to be in bed by 11. After two Celebrity cruises I am ready for a change to a RCL for a little more action and less miserable people.

To the man that was evacuated I hope you are well and will cruise again.

God Bless Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 1290

People are laid back and just friendly.

Felt like I had to watch my pockets from crime every where we went
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews