Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by MaryKP

Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: MaryKP
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: CC
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Enjoyable vacation
This was my second cruise with Celebrity after doing a short cruise on the Millennium over a year ago. I booked the brand new Reflection hoping that a newer ship would be the antidote to my few complaints about Millie. I thought Millie was wonderful but it was right before the renovation and the wear and tear was obvious.

The Reflection is a beautiful, gleaming new ship. I have no complaints about the ship's condition and would gladly sail on her again. The food was great, ports were enjoyable, room was beautiful (I enjoyed the concierge class amenities, although somewhat frivolous), the ship didn't feel too crowded, and I was among good company so I certainly wasn't looking for faults.

That being said, I did notice the crew was not always as friendly or welcoming as I would've liked. I understand they work long hours and I don't expect a song and dance from every person I meet, but there seemed to be a morale issue among the crew. We had servers completely rebuff our requests for table service at the Sunset Bar, substandard drinks poured at the Martini Bar (no need to purchase the Premium Drink Package again for me!), tables that remained dirty in the Oceanview Cafe and few servers offering drinks, and many stone-faced crew milling about. It did not ruin my cruise but it definitely knocked a star off the experience especially when it was so different from my last sailing with Celebrity.

Another significant complaint of mine was the difficulty in booking anything onboard. Want to make Select Dining reservations? Good luck reaching someone! Want to book a Spa appointment? Better walk over there because no one is answering the phone! The phone is essentially useless, you need to go in person to get anything done.

There were a number of standouts among the crew that do deserve recognition despite the previously mentioned issues. We had a waiter named Francisco upstairs in the Main Dining Room who was excellent. Our room steward Paulino was wonderful. The staff at the Future Cruise Sales Office were lovely.

Overall I had a great time but I'm generally determined to enjoy my vacations no matter what. A few service issues do not destroy an entire vacation, but it is a problem that Celebrity needs to address.

Publication Date: 01/27/13