Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by FrederickL

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by FrederickL
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: FrederickL
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: D2
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Magical Wonderful X'mas Cruse
Even though this was my first time cruising I was completely surprised by RCCL's high standard of service/performance. Granted it may not be 100 points but it's very close (98-99 points) and I doubt any other cruise line can top that.

First off, embarkation was very smooth. RCCL has it down! Once we were inside the boat we were treated with some holiday champagne. :)

We couldn't get to our room until 3 p.m. because the cruise was busy deep cleaning the rooms and stuff. And I have to agree with them. the room looked almost like brand new at first glance. and we didn't receive our last piece of luggage until after dinner. that's ok we had most other lugguages by 5 p.m. A full boat of over 6400+ passengers RCCL was pretty efficient.

The rest of the trip was just great. I'll let others to praise the great things of Allure of the seas. I'll just point out a few things

1. food and service at The main dining room Adagio was SUPER GREAT! I don't understand why other review would complain anything about it. May be I was on a X'mas cruise and the food may be better than other times? But the service was great. In one dinner we passed a dessert recommended by our waiter. yet he brought his recommended dessert to our table. Once we tried it we thought it's the best dessert we've ever tasted. It was a vanilla ice cream sitting on top of some cooked cherries. the sweetness and acidity of the dessert was so balanced you'll have to find that level of quality at a 6 star hotel! We could have stayed with the main dining room for all 7 nights.

2. which brings me to Izumi and 150 central park. Compared to Adagio I found Izumi a bit lacking in service. The food wasn't as surprisingly good. Just fair I'd say. But the service was slow. Evidently there were not as many service staff as the main dining room but the service was slow. The staff tried their best but I can tell they were overwhelmed/understaff. At 150 central park the appetizer was great. but other dishes, including the entrees and desserts were underwhelming. May be I had 5 night at Adagio and 150 central park was on the 7th night and I was expecting an even higher standard from off a complete surprise at Adagio.

3. Shows ranking: Blue Planet (A must see, I wish it's 80 minutes long. it was only about 50-55 minutes. too short), Chicago (OK) Ice game (OK), water show (nah).

4. 8000+ people on the boat and it never feel crowded (except during show time). There are 24 elevators and we never had to wait for more than a few minutes. Walking up and down the stairs was a pleasant experience, too. you get to see some fine arts hanging on the wall. And I think imagine RCCL spending a good amount of time showing tasteful, artistic pictures/arts on stair wells.

5. Do everyone a favor: bring bug repellent. it is inevible that you/other passengers would bring onboard some bugs after a port visit.

6. When you're at st thomas, do these things: go to Coki beach and feed some tropical fish. the experience was amazing. Meagan's bay beautiful but overly crowded. Pick a low season to visit meagan's bay. Take a airtrain up the mountain next to the port. You can take some panoramic pictures. Try doing this in the morning when the sun is behind you shining down the port.

Publication Date: 01/05/13