Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Bassman232001: Our Cruise part2

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Our Cruise part2

Sail Date: May 2012

This is part 2 of our back to back cruises on the Allure of the Seas, Day 1 in Fort Lauderdale started with all passengers doing consecutive cruises meeting at the Comedy Club, here we were told that we were to be taken to the terminal until the boat was clear for reloading, at which time we would get a new sea pass and be taken back on board. After we got on board lunch was provided for us at Giovanni's Table at no charge. A very quick and easy procedure, to bad we had not been made aware of possible excursions available, we were told later that we could have taken on of the preflight excursions and got dropped off at the ship rather than the airport. Would have been cool to see the ever glades.

We had breakfast every day except the last two in Windjammers. We went to the Rise and Dine Breakfasts with the Dream Works Characters on the last two days. Dinner was in the Main dining room except for formal nights where we decided to go to Windjammers and Johnny Rockets again. The More last night of the cruise we and a couple of our friends went to Chops , this was a great meal, with a more than exceptional waiter who had us in stitches all evening. The Red Velvet cake at desert was to die for! We tried the Ice Cream Parlor on the Boardwalk and my daughter had her first Banana Split, we also tried the hotdog stand across from there and enjoyed it.

The first of our cruise ports was Nassau in the Bahamas where we went on the glass bottom boat excursion, and then went for a walk around the shopping area. We really liked this port and the people there, as they were very helpful and not pushy.

The second of our Cruise ports was St. Thomas, My daughter and I went on the helmet dive and had a amazing time. Being 20 feet under water and seeing so much sea life including a nurse shark. My wife and friend went on a bus tour and really enjoyed this as well. On the way back from the helmet dive it started to rain, amazing how much rain can fall in a short time and the water that collects on the streets.

Our last port was St Maarten, it was a national holiday there so not much was open. This was one of my favourite ports, very pretty scenery along the main road of the island. We had a tour guide with a good sense of humor as well as very informative. The people we dealt with on the Island were very pleasant, and I would love to be there on a peek cruise day to see just how crazy this place could be.

We saw a few of the shows we saw in the first week, the exception being Chicago as none of us wanted to see it again. We saw the headliner show on the second leg and found the ventriloquist to be very entertaining, the fellow from the audience that night helped a lot. We also saw the Ice show and found it amazing how the can skate like that with the ship rocking. We also went to see the Quest show, now what a hoot that was. The comedians at the comedy theater were also very funny. My daughter and I again spent lots of time up by the flow riders watching people having fun and cheering each other on, great way to soak up some rays and have fun.

The second leg of the cruise was completely opposite of the first leg in that the ship never stopped rocking. The other thing that we noticed on the second leg was the manners of people at the elevators. Wait till everyone is off then get on, Simple!

The cruise over all was great, the ship was amazing, and the crew for the most part excellent. Would I cruise this cruise again, Yes! Would I recommend this cruise to someone, With out a doubt. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>