Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by honolulumike: Triumph-NOT Successful or Victorious

honolulumike
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Triumph-NOT Successful or Victorious

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

We had high hopes to have short cruise to Cozumel to celebrate our 41st. Our boarding was wonderful..... But wait.

First disappointment was minor mechanical problem that made ship late to arrive and even later to depart at 10pm. We were first told that our time in Cozumel would be cut short... I could live with that, but then a short time later, we were told we would be going to crummy dirty Progresso. NOT HAPPY.

During the trip, we found most of the staff to be less that friendly, with no happy smiling faces seeking to assist and make your cruise wonderful. I advised Customer Service that Library door hinge was broken and that no postings were provided to let vistors know how to get books, games and other materials. I was told this was posted somewhere in fine print in one of the back pages of a newsletter.

Open Seating for Breakfast and Lunch in the Dining Room was a joke. The lines were long and the hostess was slow and did not understand concept of More "OPEN SEATING". As Table Queen, she had to search her computer screen for a table and in most cases force you to sit where and who shes wanted you to sit with.

I object to this inflexible process and would demand my own personal private table to enjoy the meal.

We also experienced a heavy smell of raw sewage on the port side forward area on level 9.

The only part that we did enjoy and was similar to other ships of Carnival was the Room staff was great and the evening my time dining staff was great.

We WILL NOT ever go on Triumph again and may give second thought to future Carnival cruise again.

Mike and Karen Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Lido 9238

Lido deck cabin 9238 was very nice, balcony and room comfortable.

Progreso Mexico. Not a very good port. Kinda dirty and distant from most stuff. Typical tourist stuff at dock and long cab ride into dirty port town.
Read 283 Progreso Reviews