Richard With Cruise Review by gerrmack: Hurtigruten, Norway

Hurtigruten, Norway

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Bergen

We are on the Richard With now and we are stopped in Bodon for 24 hours. This stop is for Christmas but it is a bit boring.

There are some good points and bad points about this cruise.

We have cruised a lot and this ship is quite a bit different but from my research I knew what to expect. Overall it exceeded my expectations (which were low). The cabin is adequate with a heated bathroom floor.Eating is a bit different both due to the type of food and service. Much of the food is not labelled )salads etc) so you have to guess. Breakfast and Lunch are buffets which is good but dinner is a fixed menu, for example tonite we are having reindeer stew which I am not crazy about.

The wifi does not work but they do have 4 desktops which work.

There is a small coffee bar where you can buy food if you want extra...that is mainly for peopkle who are just using this ship to go from port to port. The dining room is quite nice.

If this does get posted, I will More return with more info. Less