Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by TnomadX: Wonderful Cruise

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Cruise

Sail Date: December 2012

I have had an opportunity to sail on Oasis twice. The first sailing was in March during Spring Break, and I didn't enjoy that cruise so much. It wasn't what I expected after being on a previous cruise with Royal Caribbean. This time around, I had a great time.

The embarkation process was extremely smooth. I expected to have to wait to get to get on the ship because I knew there were lots of people on this cruise. I got on the ship in less than 15 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Once on the ship, I was able to go to my stateroom immediately and get comfortable. My bags arrived to my stateroom within an hour of me boarding the ship, so I was able to get things unpacked quickly and put away. Then I was off to enjoy myself.

As soon as I left my stateroom, I went around the ship to see if I could still find my way around, and to see if there was anything new. Everything looked the exact same with the exception of the huge Christmas Tree on the 5th level. It was More beautiful. Everyone that I met on day one were very nice and courteous.

I finally met my room attendant, and he was the nicest guy. He explained a few new things to me, and off I went. The server and the assistant were so good. They were attentive, courteous, caring, friendly, polite, humble, and made me feel as if I were a king. I absolutely loved them very much. The couple I shared a table with was so fantastic as well. We hit it off very well, and I felt as if I had a new family.

The cruise director (Amy Fickert) was much better this time. She was more visible throughout the ship, and was not as boastful as she was the last time. In fact, the cruise director staff was great all the way around. I might be a little partial because they all knew me by name. It was wonderful to be known.

There were a couple of things I would recommend to be changed. I didn't like seeing the head servers coming down hard on the servers and assistant servers. I realize that there are times when an employee has to be corrected, but it should not be done in front of the passengers. There was one head server in particular who never once spoke to us. He seemed to always be occupied yelling at the staff. It was the first time I had ever encountered that on a ship.

The other thing I would change is how guest services is handled. On the first couple of nights and the last couple of nights, guest services was packed. There were a number of elderly people standing in line, and there were representatives standing there not helping them. I'm sure they were busy doing something else, but it felt uncomfortable watching them do other things while guests were standing there waiting to be helped.

Just a side note to those of you who prepay your gratuities. Oasis does not give you vouchers anymore. The gratuities are now held until the end of the month and given in lump sums to those who served you well. You are still provided an envelope if you want to give additional gratuities. I was told that they were saving paper (but they still give you envelopes?). I really would like for this to change.

Other than that, I had a wonderful time. I loved my time on Oasis and was glad I had the chance to do this ship again. If you are thinking of going on this ship, I highly recommend it. I think you'll have a blast. If you're worried about feeling crowded, please don't. The only time it felt crowded is at breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer. If it's crowded there, just choose to go to another location. I chose the main dining room, and it was great!!!

Thanks for reading my review. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3

This is my second time at Cozumel, and I have the same experience. Will not get off the ship at Cozumel again. The locals here are worst than any port I've been on. If you don't want to purchase anything, just tell them you're broke. They'll leave you alone.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

It's a beautiful island. If you get a chance to do a tour, don't forget to try the banana bread and coffee. It was simply delightful. Caution: The locals are brutal with the sales. EVERYONE tries to sell you something. Do not take anything that you aren't willing to buy.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

It was really too hot to enjoy the time here, but the island is beautiful. It's the cruise line's private island. The staff works extremely hard here because they have to serve the guests from the ship here, clean it up, get back to the ship just to serve you again. The staff works extremely hard on this ship when they stop here. There is plenty to do but I caution you that it is expensive to do things on the island.
Read 359 Labadee Reviews