Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by richard1236

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by richard1236
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: richard1236
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

The good the bad and the ugly
I am writing this while it al fresh in our minds, firstly this is not a party ship if you want nitelife go another cruise line. I will new as informative of our impressions as I can.

The good, we found the food in the cafe and restaurant to be excellent and didn't see the need for a speciality restaurant, compared to P & O the food on RC is the best. The service in the dining room is first class, drink prices are good a beer $6.50 mark, wine $8 on, cocktails $7 on. Our room attendant named Iggity was fantastic, the ship itself a bit tacky but very impressive.

The bad, I had my luggage confiscated as I had taken aboard a steamer for my clothes, My wife's luggage arrived but mine was missing at 1 pm, when enquiring where it maybe the porters said that you had to wait until 4pm as more luggage was coming. I did not know then that it was confiscated and thought it may have been lost which stressed me a bit, it was only on reading the cruise magazine in our room that it said luggage maybe confiscated if alcohol, pliers or irons etc are found on the X-ray and to go to deck1 after 5pm to recover your case. I actually went down earlier to ensure it was there and not lost, security avoided me and I found my case on a trolley by just walking around all the luggage. When I went back later and collected it they tried to confiscate my steamer saying it was an iron, but I advised them I had spoken to RC head office and they had approved me bringing on a steamer for my clothes and they let me take it, the whole process was a shambles and stressful.

The staff overall where good, except for the Park Cafe where they were mostly rude and disinterested, and a few of the Russian staff in the photo booth and tour desk where very surly at times.

The crowd was an older one, lots of wheelchairs and buffet rage, most of the entertainment reflected this, the comedian they had was great and so was the magician and hypnotist, the rest of the shows where more for the oldies.

The cruise director Casey and his sidekick, some French dude where a waste of time and not approachable, they seemed to be happy to treat guests assume sort of intrusion in there busy lives.

The un smiling and dour DJ In the disco hated taking requests and was rude if you did, not a busy place mostly I wonder why?

We bought the cruise DVD for $30 if we had waited they where giving them away later in the day, and it is mostly a advertorial for RC I feel this was a real waste.

We pre paid our gratuities but still had envelopes delivered to tip staff (which we did) but we feel this is double dipping, either do it one way or the other, don't rip off the customers like that.

The ugly, pushy old people who feel they are the only ones who should enjoy a holiday. I was always taught to respect my elders but some of this lot behave like spoilt children rude and pushy. This ship had an enormous amount of elderly. The crew are not very good at explaining anything, they just expect you know how things work on the boat.

Dis embarkation at 7am had no staff to direct anyone and was another shambles, old ppl pushing in

As a customer I really felt a bit jibbed and don't like rude staff when I am having a hard earned holiday.

There are a lot of good things they do on this ship also, but guys the devil is in the detail.

Publication Date: 12/22/12