Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by seansexysausage: Never a dull moment

Never a dull moment

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Having never cruised before was never really sure what to expect. Always been told by others how wonderful they are, relaxing and enjoyable. none of these people have kids however and this does make a big difference.
However I have nothing but admiration for the organisation of such a cruise and the quality of the staff. In particular the waiting staff are the best and most friendly I have ever had. Despite the kids being only 3 and 5 we did the My Time dining every night just because the waiters were so good with the kids and really wanted us to be there!
Kids loved every minute of the cruise, and didn't want to get off when we got back to Sydney. The only part they didn't like was the Kid's Club, which is a shame. In general I thought the staff were hit and miss in the kids club. Some were excellent and full of feedback and very encouraging, while others really gave us and the kids the cold shoulder. Spoke to another family who only had their daughter in kids club once and More decided not to take her back.
Isle of Pines was the highlight of the trip, such a lovely spot which is where I am going to retire to.
Food in the restaurants was excellent, Windjammer a bit repititious. Especially at breakfast time.
However the overall experience was really good and we would consider another cruise when the kids are older. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 3078

Cabins nice and clean and well looked after by the staff. Good size!