Carnival Pride Cruise Review by dmarie1623: Great time on the Pride!

dmarie1623
Member Since 2005

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Great time on the Pride!

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Embarkation was a breeze we were in zone one. I had hoped to be onboard by noon however, clearance from customs prevented that. We were onboard by 1:15ish and our cabin was ready.

I loved our cabin, 6164. We upgraded to an ocean suite to have a little more room. We had plenty of storage space between the closets and drawers. The balcony had 4 chairs, 2 tables and a lounger (my favorite). Our steward and his team were fantastic.

The ship is very well maintained. I don't find her to be "dark" as some others have mentioned. She was very easy to navigate also. The Butterflies Lounge where the comedians perform was standing room only. Only one of the two we saw was really funny. We missed the previous comedians, who disembarked in Port Canaveral. We did not see any show in main auditorium so I can't comment about that.

The pools and hot-tubs in the lido deck were never overcrowded. The serenity is very relaxing. I had a couple of naps in the clam More shell.

The food. David's Steakhouse is a must. The food and service were impeccable. The rosemary focaccia just melts in your mouth. The MDR food was good, not great. I will say that our meals were delivered either hot, or really warm. The warm chocolate melting cake is like a slice of heaven on earth. The bar service in the MDR needs improvement. Kudos to our waiter who noticed we had no drinks and took our order directly to the bar for us. I should also mention that our waiter while busy, did take the time at the end of the meal to chat with us. The food on the lido deck was good. I found the desserts lacking and I did not care for the pizza either, though it was made to order and served hot.

The drinks served on the lido deck and bars were good. Never once did I receive a watered down drink.

Disembarking went smoothly.

We a great time and plan on sailing the Pride again. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Suite Empress 6164

Large sized balcony, quiet location-no inside cabins across the hall. Generous sized bathroom with tub and two-sinks.