Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Rubylightening

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Rubylightening
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: Rubylightening
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas

Best Family Vacation Ever!
This is my second cruise, a week in the Bahamas on the Carnival Pride, accompanied by my three daughters, son-in-law and three grand-daughters. I thought that the Carnival Imagination was pretty, with her vibrant colors, but the Pride was the most breathtaking ship imaginable! Everywhere you looked, another fascinating detail until it became almost overwhelming.

We arrived too early and spent a lot of time waiting to board, but at least we were sitting down. Later arrivals were standing in long lines. It was obvious that personnel were stressed and irritable when asked questions. Customs people were abrupt and unfriendly. Not a good start. Then we nearly froze during the lifeboat drill. Never, never will I book a tour during late Nov. again! We booked balcony cabins, all being smokers, and shivered for two days, regretting this tobacco addiction! Later, as it finally began to warm, we enjoyed the unobstructed view from the balcony tremendously.

First stop Port Canaveral, big disappointment! Cruisers should be warned that there is nothing there but an industrial area so that they can enjoy the port by booking an excursion. Not even a tourist trap shopping area! Knew I should have book that alligator, airboat tour!

Second stop, Nassau, great beach area within walking distance (unless you are an out-of-shape great-grandmother like me). Hit the sidewalk with my face, bounced and hit it again, when I tripped over a broken slab of sidewalk. Still a great time.

Stayed in the cabin the next stop, hiding a black eye from the fall. Silly, huh?

The rest of the family enjoyed Freeport the best! They returned to the ship in high spirits,(yeah, those kind). Reluctantly cruised back to cold weather, so sorry the week was over.

The food was excellent on the Lido, I did not go to the dining room. My family tried it one time and did not like it. Everyone had to eat at the same pace with long periods of waiting time. It would have suited better if each person could dine at their own pace and leave when they were ready. They finished eating on the Lido when they left.

The cabin stuarts were wonderful in 4211, 4215, and 4219. Always there when needed, gone when not needed. Sure miss someone making my bed and turning it down, not to mention the towel animals and chocolates! Everything was kept spotlessly clean, ice bucket refilled. Thanks, guys, for making it such a great experience. I tipped $20 in addition to regular tip, but on reflection, it hardly seems enough to cover all their smiles and kind words.

Tip: If you are from the easily embarrassed generation, avoid the comedy shows! Never beeeen so glad it was dimly lit! Not funny, just obscene. One other show I saw was just so-so.

Disembarkation was painless and fast.

Would we return? In a heartbeat! Maybe in April this time. Carnival Pride is a marvel a minute! We'll be back, Carnival,count on it! Thanks for a grand time, and thank you, Marcia, PVP, for all the assistance.

Publication Date: 12/21/12