Emerald Princess Cruise Review by NGOrlando

Member Name: NGOrlando
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: C
Cabin Number: E616
See More About: Emerald Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Emerald Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Emerald Princess Deck Plans
First time with Princess, this is at the bottom of our list
We got to the port around 12pm. Fort Lauderdale Port was very fast checking us in. We were inside Princess Emerald within 35 minutes. We had "anytime" dining so we headed to Michelangelo for dinner. We shared a table with 6 folks. Thank God my wife is very talkative because of the mindless "where are you originally from" questions were asked and I just don't like wasting my time in mundane conversations.

We got a "partially blocked" ocean view cabin. Really Princess??? What a disappointment. It was completely blocked by a tender boat. What a ripoff. I wasted all that $$$ to have a boat near my window. I should've gone with the inside cabin instead. Not only that, we had to keep the curtain closed or the light off because almost everyday, maintenance personnel would show up to check the darn tender multiple times a day. We could not even enjoy the light that penetrated thru the tender into our cabin. Princess staff, if you are reading this post, PLEASE schedule maintenance at a different time (not when guests are inside the cabin). Guests are entitled to have privacy at all times. PLEASE, we need privacy!.

There are 2 "anytime" dining restaurants: Davinci and Michelangelo. The Maitre 'Ds and door greeters from both restaurants were different as night and day. Mirko and Larissa from Michelangelo were very accommodating and it was a delight going to dine there. The staff at the Davinci's Restaurant Door acted as if we were bothering them. Davinci was the DMV and Michelangelo was Apple when it came to customer service.

So let me say the ship is very clean and beautiful. The theater is small and the shows were not the best. This is our 8th cruise. The Lido Deck's two restaurants' Omelet station Staff for two days had an attitude. It felt like I was bothering them every time I ordered omelets. Well, I had enough with this contempt and feckless service. I had a talk with the supervisor in charge of the Omelet guys. On the following day, to my surprise, the staff was very welcoming and there were 9 in people in front of me where the two prior days it would've been less than 3. So the problem was fixed.

As a result, we will not cruise with Princess in the near future or ever again. The entertainment sucks for dancing. I missed Celebrity and Carnival. Even though Princess is owned by Carnival, Princess is geared to people, who after dinner, the only form of entertainment is no other than sleeping. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS CRUISE IS FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO JUST ENJOY EATING AND SLEEPING.

I would like to add that we will be cruising in Disney Wonder in February and with Carnival Cruise lines in March 2013. See you fellow cruisers at sea!

Publication Date: 12/14/12